• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Release] Universal Theme Remover (Return to Stock) - 2.1 ONLY!

Make sure you have the latest version 1.0.0.3 installed, it works in Froyo (I can confirm this).

Also, you can download a rooted version of Froyo from Koush and use his recovery to do the update, instead of using the leaked version from MDW this morning.

arent they both the same version? So if I download the zip file of his "droidx_rooted_froyo" and put that onto my root of the sd card after I undo the framework i got from you I can run his zip file in recovery and it will give me a rooted 2.2? wow i think I even confused myself with what I just typed... Sorry for all the questions lol. plus I know this isnt really in the right thread

Upvote 0
Few questions:

1. Removing the themes is required to update to the leaked 2.2 as well as the OTA 2.2, correct?

2. If updated to the leaked 2.2, you can still get OTA updates and such?

3. Is this the proper versioin of the x bootstrap I need coming from rooted 2.1? Koush Releases DROID X Bootstrap, Allows Full Nandroid Backups, Custom ROMs | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

4. I thought I read somewhere that having the bootstrap installed could mess up updating to 2.2? Anything I need to know insofar as that?

Thanks a lot guys, especially Fabolous for all these programs and directions and what not.

Upvote 0
Dang... I EasyRooted and then modded my theme to NEXTHEME.

I am pretty happy with my phone right now and logic tells me to just forget about 2.2...

I just want my phone exactly like it is now, but with 2.2. Is there a chance that there will be a modded leak that I can run with my phone as it is now? Or would that be a 'custom ROM' and we just aren't there yet? I have not taken the time to learn all things root, so my knowledge doesn't extend much past applying this theme.

Upvote 0
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/B1urAlarmClock.apk"

E;Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

So I figured if I use Fab's Universal Theme Remover and then update.zip I would have 2.2. ( I already moved the su file from the system/bin directory to the system/xbin directory) But now when I search for Fab's Universal Theme Remover I can't find it.

Yes, I confirm it's on the root of the SD card.

Thanks in Advance...

Edit: Never mind, think I got it.... I'm such a newbie.

Upvote 0
Run that app, select the first option (bootstrap recovery), then reboot into recovery.

From there, use the volume bottons to navigate up and down, camera to select.

Select install .zip, from sd card, navigate to the theme remover (put it on your sdcard first), and install it.

I would make a backup first though, it should be self explanatory how to do that (when you see the recovery screen).

Reactions: ThatOneDude05
Upvote 0
Will this work on 2.2? Not the OTA. The leaked version.

It won't, but I thought I read yesterday that 928Droid released a back to stock tool for 2.3.15.

Couldn't find it though with a quick search :(

newb question...what do you mean by place it onto the root of the sd card?

This means to put it right on the sdcard, not in any folders.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones