• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove google account question?

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
Hello,

I intend to remove Google Account from my old phone and I want to use Google Account in my new phone.

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/remove-google-account-on-samsung-phone/ in the bottom most screenshot https://i.imgur.com/v8M0YPX.png it says "Removing the account will delete all of its messages, contacts and other data from the device"

1. What is "messages" and "other data from the device" referring to?

2. "contacts" does it mean google contacts will be removed from Contacts app?

3. What is the difference if I do a Smart Switch to transfer all data from old phone to new phone, with google account logged in (in the old phone) vs with google account logged out (in the old phone)

Thanks

the google account from old phone and new phone, will be the same?

deleting google account on old phone will delete any google messages off of your old phone. your google contacts will also get deleted from the old phone ad well as any other google related app data. your contacts can store different accounts.....google is one of them. those will get deleted.

the data though will only get deleted off of the phone and not from the google's server. when you sign in to the same google account on the new phone, those data will then get sync'd.

if you use smart switch after google data has been deleted. then you will need to sign in to google. it is just an extra step that you have to do.

my mom just got a new phone (s22) and i had BestBuy use smart switch to transfer everything over. tomorrow i am going to factory reset it so that i can send it in to get the trade in offered by Verizon. i do not have to sign out of google to do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: spman
Upvote 0
the google account from old phone and new phone, will be the same?

deleting google account on old phone will delete any google messages off of your old phone. your google contacts will also get deleted from the old phone ad well as any other google related app data. your contacts can store different accounts.....google is one of them. those will get deleted.

these data though will only get deleted off of the phone. when you sign in to the same google account on the new phone, thoise data will then get sync'd.

if you use smart switch after google data has been deleted. then you will need to sign in to google. it is just an extra step that you have to do.

my mom just got a new phone (s22) and i had BestBuy use smart switch to transfer everything over. tomorrow i am going to factory reset it so that i can send it in to get the trade in offered by Verizon. i do not have to sign out og google to do this.

Same.

What is google messages?

Do you mean now your mom new phone and old phone both are logged into the same google account? Will that make a mess if 2 phones are login together to the same google account? If you are using google account backup on both phones, would that be messy since 2 phones are doing backup to a same google account?

Do I need to stay logged in Google Account during using Samsung Smart Switch to transfer data from old phone to new phone? What is the difference if I do a Samsung Smart Switch to transfer all data from old phone to new phone during google account logged in (in the old phone) vs google account logged out (in the old phone)?

Upvote 0
Same.

What is google messages?

Do you mean now your mom new phone and old phone both are logged into the same google account? Will that make a mess if 2 phones are login together to the same google account? If you are using google account backup on both phones, would that be messy since 2 phones are doing backup to a same google account?

Do I need to stay logged in Google Account during using Samsung Smart Switch to transfer data from old phone to new phone? What is the difference if I do a Samsung Smart Switch to transfer all data from old phone to new phone during google account logged in (in the old phone) vs google account logged out (in the old phone)?
goggle messages is google's texting app.

yes right now both phones are logged in to the same google account. and no it won't mess up anything. smart switch will transfer data from one phone to the other. its not saving both to the cloud, its a straight up transfer. it took about 10 minutes to do. its pretty easy to do, but i had the Best Buy salesperson do it for me cuz i'm lazy and they offered to do it for me.

no you do not have to be logged in to google for smart switch. but you will have to do an extra step on your new phone which is to log in to google after the transfer. but if you stayed logged in on your old phone, the google data gets transferred over. so like i said its just an extra step if you do log out.

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones