• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing accounts

redsox985

Android Enthusiast
Aug 25, 2011
So, I recently transplanted in a non-screwed up framework-res.apk and most of my accounts are still functional, although none of them are there. I had to re-add my 2 Google accounts, but they were still available, as email, in the Universal Inbox. When I go to view my accounts though, all that's there is my 2 Google account and my Twitter, which I re-added. When I hit add accounts, YT, FB, and Photobucket are all checked off and I cannot add a new one since they already exist, yet are not visible on the accounts page.

So, I saw some people got OTA updates and went to see if I was able to and upon hitting System Updates, I get a message saying...

Motorola Account Required
"System update" is not available without a Motorola service account.
Would you like to set up an account now?

So I hit Set up then it goes to that "Communicating with server please wait" screen and eventually times out.

I'm thinking a full back up with MBU Root and then restore is in the works for me. Just solve all this **** :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones