• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing an account from Accounts and Sync

smile44

Jun 24, 2010
How do I remove an account from Accounts and Sync? I see how I can add one, but what if I add one and no longer want it on that list? Stocks was added on there once I added the Widget, and News has been added too. I no longer want to use the news widget. I have the news sites I like saved in my booksmarks. I've turned syncing off, just want to know how to remove News from that list. Thanks!

Surprised no one answered your good question. Looks like if you click on the account, it goes to Sync settings, then use the lower right tap to choose "remove account". Problem is that the warning message makes it seem like ALL messages, contacts, and other data will be removed from the phone. The message does qualify that it related to that account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones