• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing bluetooth devices

Gary622

Lurker
Dec 17, 2009
I've seen advice like this:

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/174612-removing-bluetooth-devices.html

and this is what I'm doing, but the problem is with devices that I never successfully pair with in the first place. Namely, my laptop and, weirdly enough, another cell phone (long story, but I was trying to pair a bluetooth headset that already had a connection to another phone, and the Droid picked up on the phone, not the headset, because I forgot to turn the phone off.

So I've tried everything to rescan, reset, etc. I've succeeded in wiping all traces of the bluetooth speakerphone and headset I WANT on the phone (no problem there, I can repair later), but what the phone will not let go of is the devices it couldn't successfully pair with in the first place.

I know it's OCD of me, but I just want to clean off this list. As of now, I have the phone that it's got on the "phantom list" completely turned off, and still on every rescan it shows up as a device and says "pair with this device".

If I long-press the item, it only offers me the one choice to "pair and connect," which is obviously not what I want to do.

Short of a factory hard reset, what is there to do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones