• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing Root Question

I'm going to be returning/getting another X due to some signal reception issues, and I have it rooted. In order to return to a factory/pre-root setup can I just remove the Superuser.apk, su, busybox, and exploid from the system folders I copied them to and do a factory restore after that? Or were there other changes made by the exploid file?

Thanks

Here's what I did to unroot. Keep in mind I'm sure this is not a complete unroot; however, this will erase all traces of root by normal means.

1. Through ADB mount the /system file system as rw
2. Go into /system/app and remove Superuser.apk
3. sync the file system and remount the /system file system as ro
4. type "adb reboot recovery

Upvote 0
I have heard conflicting information on this, but will I need to unroot to have access to Froyo? If i have frozen/deleted apps (city ID, blockbuster, kindle, amazon, etc), will I need to unthaw/reinstall them?

Kind of curious...

I'm curious about this too, I've deleted a lot of stock apps (24) and would need to know which ones to reinstall to get the Froyo update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones