• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replacement flaps for USB port and Micro SD port, where to buy

So I've owned this phone for a year and a half now, still works great and am hoping to keep it for a while longer. The original flap for the USB port's rubber seals started tearing off after about 8 months of use, so I bought some replacement flaps on ebay which worked fine for another 8 months or so. The rubber seals on those started tearing again, so I again bought some replacement flaps on ebay. When I installed them, I immediately noticed that they pushed in really easy, when the other flaps were an extremely tight fit and had to be forced in when new. I was suspicious, so I did an air pressure test to see if the flaps were air tight.

Here's the video I followed along in order to do the test:

Sure enough, the seal was only slightly air tight, with air pressure barely increasing when I start to squeeze the phone, only for it to decrease to normal even though I haven't stopped squeezing. So I was wondering, how have other users of this phone's flaps been holding up? Do you have a problem of the rubber seals going bad like mine? Which vendors are legitimate vendors that sell OEM parts with flaps that are airtight? Here's a link, anyone know if this vendor's legit?
http://www.witrigs.com/oem-micro-sd-sim-usb-port-cover-flap-for-sony-xperia-z3-black
The fact that this forum hasn't had a new post in 4 months is a little concerning....

Yeah it really is too bad. It's also the best phone i've ever had and until it breaks really have zero reason to upgrade ever. Battery life definitely is not what it was but still enough to get through the day, still runs fast, even though it looks like i'll never get marshmellow. Really the only issue is the flaps needing to be replaced semi-regularly. All the ones i got most recently haven't been 100% air tight so i just gave up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones