• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement Nexus One - Refurbished or New?

jw nyc

Mar 31, 2010
I posted this over at Android Central as well but this site seems to get more traffic so I figure I'll post here as well...

I have a stuck pixel on my Nexus One screen (it stays an aqua blue color) so I called Google support last night. Since they determined it was a hardware issue they got an HTC rep on the line who took over the issue from where we left off (the support from both sides was excellent).

The HTC rep mentioned that they would send me a brand new device and said it was b/c they don't yet have refurbished N1's with at&t's 3g band. They had to put a hold on my CC for the amount of the new phone which they will release once I return the defective one.

My question is, is the rep telling the truth about there not yet being refurbished at&t N1's and once I get the replacement, how can I determine if it is new or refurbished? Thanks.
progress.gif

I think you'd be very hard pressed to tell the difference, a refurb from HTC should be as good as, if not better than a new one (as it will have been checked over within an inch of it's life by a tech).

I agree, you will be hard pressed to tell, and to be honest, does it really matter? Sending refurbished units for warranty replacements is a common practice.

In all honesty, I would be happy to get a working unit that is as good as new, and in this case, new!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones