• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacing Lock Screen on Recent Android Versions

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project where I would like to replace the lock screen on an android phone with my own lock screen app to be able to record information about how users are unlocking the app. I know that this has been possible in previous android versions, but was wondering if anyone has found a way to do this in Nougat or Oreo. I would like my app to work in all recent android versions.

If this is not possible, I would like to disable the lock screen and have an app launch automatically upon entering the homescreen. It would be preferable if the user would have to go through my app before being able to interact with the phone further.

Does anyone know if any of this is possible and might be able to point me in the right direction?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones