1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Reply to emails from gmail, using a different reply to

1. stktrader

stktrader Member

I receive emails through my gmail from other accounts with nongmail domains. I have a rule setup, through web gmail that allows me to reply to an email I have received through a different email address and my reply email address stays the same, and does not use the gmail address.

This does not seem to happen when I reply to these emails using the droid.

Does anyone know how to fix this, I looked in the gmail setting on the droid gmail app, but there isn't anything listed.

Advertisement
    :
  2. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

Don't believe that this can be done on the Droid. I tried and tried, to no avail. This, and the lack of phonebook transfer for my bluetooth car kit was what made me return the Droid, and go back to my 3Gs iPhone.
  3. dozens

dozens Member

I was just looking for a way to set the from and/or reply-to address. Is the consensus that is can't be done? Is it possible with desktop version of gmail.
  4. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

I believe on the Droid, it will just use whatever you have set to your primary email address on the website. For example, I have my @gmail.com address and my own personal domain address.

If I want to send email from my phone using my domain address, I have to add it to the website, and make it primary. There is no way to choose on the phone between the two. So if you wanted to send from another address, you'd have to go back to the website and change the primary address once again.

This can be done by logging into GMAIL, going to the Settings, then to Accounts and Import, and under the "Send Mail As" section.
  5. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Nope, don't think so. I find the gmail app pretty lacking in general.
  6. pkwjr

pkwjr Member

Go into your Gmail settings, accounts and imports and you can set a default email address there.
  7. pykler

pykler New Member

This used to work based on your settings in the Web based system. Moreover, the blackberry gmail app still works in that way ... actually with the blackberry they do not get to pick a from email at all.

I do not know why the gmail app is broken right now ... hope they fix it soon :(