• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Report: Sprint and T-Mobile have agreed to merger terms

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Oh, man. According to reports out of Bloomberg, Sprint is close to reaching an agreement to acquire T-Mobile for a summertime merger. The proposed deal could leave T-Mobile parent company Deutsche Telekom with only a 15% stake in the company, while Sprint gains 50% stock and 50% cash. Sources close to the matter say they’re […]

More...

According to rumors, John Legere (TMO) and that staff will run it.
Probably carry both CDMA and GSM until all switch to VoLTE. That should take 2-3 years. It still needs FCC approval. Son has kept his mouth shut about certain things so far. John Randolph of ATT kept adding fuel to the fire and enraged TMO customers more and more with each pronouncement.

I'm with TMO, and I like them as a carrier. I also like GSM. There isn't as much protest as when ATT tried to buy TMO. Deutsche Telekom wants out.

This is far preferable to someone like Dish (rumored at one time, so was Comcast). I don't want my phone service bundled with TV and other stuff I'm not interested in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones