• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reppard's Rom (ICS Themed) UPDATED + Bonus

So yeah...great rom...love it. However I was really liking the look of the screenshots and can't seem to make that happen lol. I know this is noobish of me, however your total lack of instructions may have something to do with it.

I flashed the Reppard's-ISC, gapps next, then the setting.zip...I'd really like to theme my phone similar to the screen shots. Can someone give a noob a little boost?

Again I just notice why you also are not getting the same look, I forgot to remove adw launcher...you're probably on that one. Will remove and update it tomorrow after work again. Just re flashed and noticed that, sorry.

Reactions: TheReal_DEDloc
Upvote 0
After flashing the new recovery and this ROM on my other M I ran into some issues. Not bugs or anything, probably me. I know to wipe data/cache/dalvik, but the new recovery is setup a bit diff then GMN (what im used to, just got a little experiecne with HTC rooting the Incredible and that uses CWM) and has "pre-flash wipe" too. And like CWM, it had the Dalvik in another menu. But after flash to theme, then to flash gapps after, wipe again? just cache and dalvik? or none? Same for settings.zip?

I had them flashed and had the Halo / ADW launcher and the settings menu looked similar (except font), but gapps wasn't working if rememeber right. I'll mess with it again cause it looked nice while it was flashed. so if stable, may just replace Kelso's from my daily M....

Next is my "new" AT&T HTC Inspire HD. Broken glass, people think its garbage...lol. $20 or so and good as new. Rooting is giving me trouble (haven't tried much yet tho) and know the HTC Desire HD root can be used for Inspire HD. IDK off topic.

But for complete noobs, post wipe procedure for the rom, gapps and settings.zip? Either with the GNM custom recovery or the new "[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2 (latest update: 08/13/2012)"

Upvote 0
After flashing the new recovery and this ROM on my other M I ran into some issues. Not bugs or anything, probably me. I know to wipe data/cache/dalvik, but the new recovery is setup a bit diff then GMN (what im used to, just got a little experiecne with HTC rooting the Incredible and that uses CWM) and has "pre-flash wipe" too. And like CWM, it had the Dalvik in another menu. But after flash to theme, then to flash gapps after, wipe again? just cache and dalvik? or none? Same for settings.zip?

I had them flashed and had the Halo / ADW launcher and the settings menu looked similar (except font), but gapps wasn't working if rememeber right. I'll mess with it again cause it looked nice while it was flashed. so if stable, may just replace Kelso's from my daily M....

Next is my "new" AT&T HTC Inspire HD. Broken glass, people think its garbage...lol. $20 or so and good as new. Rooting is giving me trouble (haven't tried much yet tho) and know the HTC Desire HD root can be used for Inspire HD. IDK off topic.

But for complete noobs, post wipe procedure for the rom, gapps and settings.zip? Either with the GNM custom recovery or the new "[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2 (latest update: 08/13/2012)"

Well you should flash rom, apps than settings. Thats the procedure I follow, and thats with COT Recovery it only has pre flash also. If you have cwm recovery wipe: data,cache, dalvik before the rom. Than follow with the rest.

Reactions: mndgme
Upvote 0
Well you should flash rom, apps than settings. Thats the procedure I follow, and thats with COT Recovery it only has pre flash also. If you have cwm recovery wipe: data,cache, dalvik before the rom. Than follow with the rest.

Ok, sounds good thanks for the info. I haven't put the "new" COT recovery on my "in service" phone yet but plan to soon. But wipe all (data reset), then pre-flash wipe too, then flash the ROM. Start phone, boot recovery again then flash gapps? wipe cache and or dalvik first for gapps and settings?

Im still using the GNM on my current in service phone but plan to flash that (so easy if you already have a Custom Recovery), but CWM is on the Droid Incredible I just rooted (wholy adb CODE! LMAO).

Between the GNM, CWM and new COT, im just trying to get the proper wipe steps for a ROM using COT (data factory, data, cache, dalvik usually with my GNM). The new COT and CWM are similar I notice but since its a bit "new" to me, Im not sure what needs to be wiped before rom, then after for gapps. Thanks, Im not a noob by any means, but am one to get all the info right so no mistakes later. Still have the HTC Inspire HD to root and stuff too.

Thanks for your replies!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones