• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Reset" Hero without un-rooting?

They will need a Stock rom to activate......I would just un root to stock Run the RUU and send them here for Root help...

Yeah, +1 on that. They might as well learn about rooting from the beginning anyway, like everyone else had to.

It is a worthwhile thing to research about anyway. There are a lot of helpful people in this forum to assist with anything later on.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the question -- can you please remind me how to run the RUU? Where do I get it? And, do I install from Recovery?

Thanks

Go to the HTC website, and select "support", then select HTC Hero (Sprint). Then select "Downloads". Then "software updates", its 118 MB. It will download to your computer. You also need to have HTC Sync installed on the computer to be able to connect the phone, then connect the phone to the computer via the usb cable, and run the file (double click on it) and it will run the RUU.

Upvote 0
Hi. I have read contradictory posts for activating a previously owned phone that has been rooted. I bought a rooted phone because I did not feel comfortable trying to root my phone. Now sprint says I have to activate the new phone, but it requires a factory reset. I get the feeling this would restore phone to original condition, hence, non-rooted. I read the link for unrevoked.com, but do not understand how running this file (for switching S-off) will allow e to activate. Does this mean I can activate it myself somehow? Sorry for sounding like an idiot. I just don't know what to do.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones