• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RESOLVED]Issues with Phone Locking up

latinmaxima

Android Expert
Oct 15, 2009
Richmond ,KY
My niece recently got this phone and dropped it the other day. It landed on the volume down button and now gives an error when she restarted it about no Sim Recovery or something like that. I haven't seen it yet as I won't see her again til the weekend. Is their anything she can do to fix the issue. I had her remove the battery and while the cover was off she was able to get the volume down button unpressed and working again. When placing the battery back in the phone will no longer power on. Is recovery loaded by the volume down and power button? I thought I read somewhere the Home key was also needed to boot into recovery on the phone. Can I download any stock back up to place on her SIM card if infact this is the issue? Thanks for the help. I have a moment and I know it in an out but the hero is new to me still. I am gonna have her take it to sprint if we can't figure this out if I must but I hate dealing with the local repair center.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones