revert from 2.2 and ota to 2.1 using a nand backup?

Last Updated:

1. muhcells

muhcells Member This Topic's Starter

im currently on 2.2 with the updated radio and just did a nand backup. i have a previous nand backup from mid-july when i was on 2.1 with root, but the old radio.

can i just do a nand restore to revert, or do i have to go through some other process?

any info would be appreciated...thx.

Advertisement
  2. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

3. muhcells

4. cuban11182

NP, Just passing the info. I was always scared to do the radio, so I've never done it. What I did read was that the nandroid wouldn't backup the original radio.

5. muhcells

so i just finished the process as listed in the link you gave me. i was really nervous about messing it up, but it went perfectly. i am back to stock.

wonder how long i can avoid tinkering again...

6. cuban11182

Glad to hear everything worked out. I tried Skyraider when it first came out, but returned to 2.1 because I wanted the Camera and Camcorder.

I would really like the 2.2 leaks, but don't like the idea of flashing the radio.

7. ITofOne

ITofOne Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was that Skyraider being loaded after the radio was updated to 2.x fixed the camera and camcorder issues? Anyone? I am thinking about doing the radio update and load Skyraider but I want to do it if unless it is fully functional.

8. cuban11182

Yes it does. I did it before the OTA was released. I thought about going back, but didn't want to chance it. I would also do some searches here and on XDA. I've read that the binary is jacked up a little bit and it may cause some sort of problem with unrEVOked tools.

Not insinuating anything. Just do some quick research.

*EDIT*

Did the research for you. Found it right below this thread http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-incredible/146224-skyraider-warning.html :D