• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review: htc.EVOlution's Evo 4G, Seidio Innocase II, Screen Protectors, Programs

yup... brand is definitely playing a role in the case price. build quality also determines the case price too. by a BMW of phones, you need to buy a BMW of cases! LOL

yea, i wasn't thinking about either. Now that you put it that way. I can't have my bmw in some cheap $5 rubber case now can I? Why does the case have to look so damn sexy. Decisions decisions..........

Upvote 0
JUST FINISHED MY REVIEW!

Seidio does have a winner in their hands...

Yes there are. After fiddling around with it for half and hr. I found some negatives about the case. I wish they used the felt cloth, all the way around the inside of the case... Because the cloth is located only in the center (check pictures) it will wiggle the very top of the phone and the very bottom of the phone when your pressing on the screen. the cause of this, where there isn't cloth, the case has an empty space causing a slight wiggle room. This means that the very top and very bottom will have some gaps and it isn't flush to the screen. Also a potential problem for dust. If they include cloth insert (all around, fully) it will prevent the gaps, the phone would fit more snugly... AND it will give less of an impact when dropped. this is the only negative, but it shouldn't be much of a problem for most people. 90% of the case is snugly fit (except the very tip of the top and very tip of the bottom.
ORDER YOUR CASE!!!

With that being the case that the felt isn't all the way up or all the way to the bottom of the case, how thick is the felt. Might have to mod the case. I'm thinking maybe finding some felt as thin and gluing it the parts not covered so it doesn't wiggle.

Also are you doing a review of the screen protector as well.

If I didn't say it before, outstanding reviews and thread.

TS

Adding 2 pictures so you see what i'm talking about. without the felt cloth we get fitment issue @ the very top.

I want to edit my findings a little bit. It's not exactly foam cloth, but it does have a bouncy foam texture to it. It does give a little thickness and a layer to the inside of the case.

Attachments

• IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1497.JPG
    IMG_1497.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0
5.28.10 - 10:56PM PST
10 mins of more browsing, looking up stuff and checking AF on the phone...
62%... Almost 24hrs. 15 mins shy of 24. Battery is staying strong... ATK FTW

Seems like ATK is doing a great job keeping your battery alive. But do you notice the negative effects of an automatic task killer? Some programs can't resume quickly because they've been killed and memory reclaimed. (E.g. the browser will reload the page when you switch back to it because the page is no longer in memory). Just wondering what your observations are.

Reactions: Covert_Death
Upvote 0
Seems like ATK is doing a great job keeping your battery alive. But do you notice the negative effects of an automatic task killer? Some programs can't resume quickly because they've been killed and memory reclaimed. (E.g. the browser will reload the page when you switch back to it because the page is no longer in memory). Just wondering what your observations are.
honestly with the snapdragon processor, i haven't really seen any lag while trying to open programs that have been shutdown by ATK

Upvote 0
I am excited to hear about this screen protector. There are so many that are being released but i dont really know which one to get. I have never owned an iphone but the nextware touch through shield seemed pretty good. So basically i am looking for a screen protector that i dont have to glue or squeegy on. Hopefully this is the screen protector that i am looking for.

Upvote 0
Now I am wanting to order a seido case after that review. And I was going to order Clarivue screen protectors but if Seido has them should I just order from them? My friend is also getting the EVO and we were going to get clear and anti glare and put one of each on each phone and then decide which we like better and swiotch off if we have too. I heard people say the anti glare doesn't look as good and the clear makes your screen look better and that you can't tell it's on there. I have to decide and order by tomorrow. But now I want the purple Seido. Thanks for your reviews!

Upvote 0
I am excited to hear about this screen protector. There are so many that are being released but i dont really know which one to get. I have never owned an iphone but the nextware touch through shield seemed pretty good. So basically i am looking for a screen protector that i dont have to glue or squeegy on. Hopefully this is the screen protector that i am looking for.
review up

Reactions: amanda.o.bell
Upvote 0
evolution,

-so at no point during your battery tests did you turn your 3G connection off?
-have you used 3G only, or WIFI as well?
-besides killing the sprint apps, what else are you killing with ATK?

thanks so much for this helpful thread!

never turned off my 3G for a minute on my battery test...
Only 3G since I have no need to use Wifi during the time. Nor to I have 4G in my area to test.
It is on autokill. safe mode, and kill when screen off. kills off whatever it kills.

Upvote 0
never turned off my 3G for a minute on my battery test...
Only 3G since I have no need to use Wifi during the time. Nor to I have 4G in my area to test.
It is on autokill. safe mode, and kill when screen off. kills off whatever it kills.
HTC I am new to android but if I use the same setup you are using can I still have the weather animations going when I swipe the lock screen or does ATK turn it off... Thanks :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
zagg review
ok, just finished my zagg install. Instructions were very clear. They included sprayer to prevent dust and easy install. A squeegee which was made rubbery, not just a card.

Took me about 5 mins to do it correctly. I sprayed down my hands and the screen protector, but then i realized that the solution that they gave wasn't enough. It also dried too quickly. I had to constantly spray and apply. After 2 applications, the little sprayer seemed like it ran out of solution so i had to work my way without it.

Dust/lint? I don't know if it's my house, but every screen protector that i've put on in my life had dust in it. I couldn't avoid it. But the screen protector from zagg did make it easier to install. The lint doesn't give air bubbles as badly as the ones without sprayer!

The install is complete. I need to wait 24hrs for the bubbles and the stuff to dry out. Hopefully it's clear without any bubbles afterward. Yes yes yes.. It's damn rubbery. Feels exactly like bodyguardz that i have on my touch pro2. Perhaps a little bit more rubbery. Doesn't give fingerprints, or should i say very minimal and hardly able to tell. Orange peel? I don't see it yet, maybe after a while?

Reactions: phantomevo77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones