• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reviews are in for Android 2.2 Froyo...

skoo9382

Mar 31, 2010
The reviews are in and the reviews are that FroYo is friggin' sweet....(no pun intended) :D

After reading the review it seems like Android has addressed a lot of the issues but of course it's not perfect, but so far it seems like it's the closest thing to perfect to date.

How soon do you think it'll take for the developers on XDA to get a hold of this and make it for our phone???

All-in-all, I love this phone and the capabilities so far. YES, the Evo is one bad mutha-f-er but until i can get an upgrade and/or all the bugs for the Evo is fixed, this phone will make me more than happy.

Link to the review from Gizmodo: Android 2.2 'Froyo' Review: It's Sweet

My guess is it will be a while. A good working rom of 2.1 did not come out for our phones until there were Sprint leaks out there. I think the issue is with the hardware. Think of them like drivers. To get them to work with 2.1 they were able to see how Sprint did it and then do it similar to them. I am sure though we will see 2.2 in some form soon on the Hero, but just like the early 2.1 roms, you will have things not working such as the camera and so forth.

Upvote 0
Must say it is encouraging. Without a doubt, Google (et al) have figured out they have a winner with their design of Android (Java in a VM on top of Linux) and it is versatile and OPEN!! Third party support abounds and Apple is having nightmares about that. ;)

The really big upside in 2.2 is the JIT compiler -- which will provide for significant speed improvement. That will be super!

Well for now, it is 2.1 and I have been trying to re-create some of the problems other users have had, and cannot. So far, 2.1.1 for me has been just fine. Although a flash to 2.1.2 will be in the cards soon.

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones