• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reviews, I'm tired of being asked to leave one

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
It seems I get more and more emails asking me to review a recent product I purchased or to review my shopping experience at a store. Donating my time to leave a review deserves compensation. I'm going out of my way to do them a service. Definitely above and beyond a consumer's obligation. I made the mistake of leaving a couple of reviews on Amazon. Now after everything I purchase there I get a reminder to review. I even received an Email from Amazon inviting me to join their Vine program so my reviews have a bit more importance. Every time I run to Walmart I'm asked to review products and store experience. Every week I get an Email from the insurance company that repaired my truck reminding me to leave a review. I'm sick of it. If they want my review, give me something more than a chance to be chosen from a pool for a gift that I don't want.

Is your phone blown up with the review BS?

I agree with you. I feel the same way!

I really hate the ones where you write a review, hit enter and it tells you it has to be a minimum of 75 words.

I hate the ones that ask your yearly income. You try to bypass it and it won't let you until you answer the questions

I hate the ones that say it will be a a couple of minutes and by the 20th question, you just close it.

I left a bad review of a waffle maker at Amazon and the person selling it wrote me a message saying he would give me a $10 gift card if I removed my review.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've have left reviews for products that really wowed me and was so much more than I expected. I've left reviews for service that I thought was over the top. I'm not into dogging a product or rating how clean and friendly an establishment was. I hate the two minute survey BS. As Augie stated, they are ridiculous and take forever to answer. There was a time that I read reviews on Amazon to get an idea of quality of product and customer satisfaction from vendors. I don't even do that anymore. Just like Amazon's Vine program. You buy at a discount or are gifted items to reviews. How biased might those reviews be. It's all so watered down that I don't trust the majority of reviews. Why should I even bother to leave an honest review?

Reactions: AugieTN and Hadron
Upvote 0
I've asked a question before. Maybe that put me in that group. I also get general requests from Amazon with verbiage like "Every wonder if your reviews make a difference" or something similar.
"Keep up the good work" sort of attaboy Email. I'm weary of the entire process.

I always enjoyed being part of a beta group. I always felt like I might be helping make a difference. For years I was on a consumer panel that discussed the service and possible future direction of my service provider. Not that I made a difference but as a group we had some influence. They had a monthly drawing that gave everyone on the panel a chance at being compensated for their time. My name was drawn a number of times which was not a big deal but was a nice gesture.

I don't mind being involved and perhaps helping but reviews have become a bad joke and I'm more than weary of the nagging correspondence to leave reviews.

Reactions: Hadron and AugieTN
Upvote 0
It seems I get more and more emails asking me to review a recent product I purchased or to review my shopping experience at a store. Donating my time to leave a review deserves compensation. I'm going out of my way to do them a service. Definitely above and beyond a consumer's obligation. I made the mistake of leaving a couple of reviews on Amazon. Now after everything I purchase there I get a reminder to review. I even received an Email from Amazon inviting me to join their Vine program so my reviews have a bit more importance. Every time I run to Walmart I'm asked to review products and store experience. Every week I get an Email from the insurance company that repaired my truck reminding me to leave a review. I'm sick of it. If they want my review, give me something more than a chance to be chosen from a pool for a gift that I don't want.

Is your phone blown up with the review BS?
I left a review of your OP. :). (Steven runs)

Upvote 0
LOL! I just tried to do one today for a product that I thought was a great idea. I got down to the bottom of the review and it asked to rate the store from 1-10. After I did that a box popped up and asked why I gave them that rating. I couldn't get the review to post until I answered the question of why I gave them that rating. I didn't bother and just closed the review.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am a low end spender @ Amazon/Ebay. My ceiling prices is less than 25 dollars and some weeks Amazon drops off everyday !

I get emails for ratings before the package is even on my porch !

What really irks me is when I add an item to the cart to see the "real" price and then move along without buying it and then get emails for a week about how I can still purchase the item if I act now ....

I will not go into the tons of email spams related to the pounds of emails asking for ratings on purchases, "you are receiving this offer because you bought from one of our affiliates" ...

And no I will not be tipping either !

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
The best is when a company keeps you waiting on the phone for over an hour, then can't do jack to help solve your issue because the person has limited English speaking skills, then they want to keep you on the phone longer to answer questions about your experience.

I think some businesses have learned a lesson from using overseas help service and have switched.

I had one service rep that was so bad. Every time I said anything she would say kizme, kizme. I later figured out she was saying excuse me

Upvote 0
The take our survey or rate your recent experience when seeking assistance on the net bugs me. I far prefer a chat vs voice when dealing with a product problem or question. At least they type in English.
However, it is becoming more difficult to actually chat with an agent. The auto generated response loops are worthless and yet you are asked to leave feedback following.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Talking about AI and or auto generated responses. I emailed a grocery story about a price discrepancy in their checkout bags, The bags say 25 cents, but they ring up at 69 cents. Here was their response:

Thank you for contacting us.
In general, bags are not EBT- eligible item and subject to the store's applicable tax rate.

#tpt
Regards,

How stupid is that?

Upvote 0
WTF is this BEST TECH IN 2023 garbage inserted at the end of the thread and before my reply box ?????????????

(Nick is gonna have an aneurysm !)

spammm (1).jpg

spammm (2).jpg

spammm (3).jpg

spammm (4).jpg

spammm (5).jpg

• Haha
Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones