• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rezound Recorded Audio Chirping/Clicking Sound

coehl

Lurker
Jul 23, 2012
So I was catching some video whilst on vacation and when I got home, I noticed something. While the audio on this phone's videos has a unique depth and quality to it, there's one intermittent thing about it that compromises this a lot for me.

It's a clicking, or chirping sound. And it just keeps on happening no matter the video settings, if you use a different headset, and it increases with more background noise. Worse yet, I wanted to be able to record with this phone like a handheld voice recorder for some on the fly audio projects. The chirp exists if you simply use the Voice Recorder app, or any similar app that you can download.

It's not just my Rezound either. I'm seeing these videos on YouTube where the comments are gushing at the quality of the Rezound's audio. And I agree that it's nice.. except that chirp.

Since this is my first post I can't post links, but after any responses I'll provide links in my second post to illustrate that the problem appears to be with most or all Rezound phones.

I realize that I'm pulling "How I Met Your Mother" and drawing attention to something that's probably going to be nigh impossible to ignore now, but it gives me a real bad headache to listen to the videos that I shot.

I've seen threads on here that say "Just turn down the media volume" but that did nothing at all.

Any help is appreciated. I really like this phone otherwise, but I'd rather have sloppier audio without this irksome noise breaking the fourth wall every 7 seconds.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones