• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ringtones and music folders?

ulao

Apr 25, 2011
Ok so I like to use mp3 songs for my ringtones. I also like to keep a good list of mp3's on my phone.

Problem: If I use any audio player it will not find music unless the music is in the music folder. There are no options to add music from my ringtones folder.

also... In order to add an mp3 as a ring tone I must have it in the ringtone directory.

So without doubling my mp3's I'm sol. Any ideas?

Don't know what app you are using but Rocket Player will find your MP3s any place, I have mine on my external SD card

I have google play, and power amp. The problem sends to be that the card gets corrupted. It easily found the first 10 albums or so I voted over there, but then ask the rest just vanished. They aren't win on the card anymore. I've formatted it, still nada.

It is a generic card I got on eBay for 16 bucks, maybe that's the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones