• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtones

Also, where would the ringtones that came with the phone be stored, I would like to delete the ones I will never use. I am rooted, s-ff and have mounted the disk as writable so I'm sure I will have no problem in deleting them, when I can find them.

this might be different if you are using a rom but ringtones should be located at
system/media/audio/ringtones...
hope this helped

Upvote 0
this might be different if you are using a rom but ringtones should be located at
system/media/audio/ringtones...
hope this helped

You are right, thats where the stock ringtones are. Thanks
But it is not where my downloaded ringtones are. Do you know where those are stored, they must be stored in a different folder. When I go to settings, sound, ringtones, it brings up a list of ringtones, both stock and the downloaded ones. So, whichever folder the downloaded ringtones are in, the phone is seeing them in that folder. I have downloaded ringtones from several different apps, one is zedge. I looked in the zedge folder on the sd card and the ones I downloaded from that app are in there. Am I correct in assuming that all ringtones, stock and downloaded ones are kept in different folders instead of one place and if that is the case, the phone would see all these differnt folders then. Sorry, but I just want to make sure I am understanding this.

Upvote 0
You are right, thats where the stock ringtones are. Thanks
But it is not where my downloaded ringtones are. Do you know where those are stored, they must be stored in a different folder. When I go to settings, sound, ringtones, it brings up a list of ringtones, both stock and the downloaded ones. So, whichever folder the downloaded ringtones are in, the phone is seeing them in that folder. I have downloaded ringtones from several different apps, one is zedge. I looked in the zedge folder on the sd card and the ones I downloaded from that app are in there. Am I correct in assuming that all ringtones, stock and downloaded ones are kept in different folders instead of one place and if that is the case, the phone would see all these differnt folders then. Sorry, but I just want to make sure I am understanding this.

yes.. the phone sees the ringtones in many diff folders... ringtones from diff apps are found on diff sd card folders while all of the ringtones are also found in the system directory

Reactions: jreink01
Upvote 0
There are several apps for this, it depends on what you want to do. Do you want to take part of a song you like, say the chorus & make that into a ringtone? That's what I did because when I just chose a song I liked, I just heard the opening music at first. I used mp3 ringtone editor. I deleted & replaced every ringtone, notification & alarm sound. Since I only use 1 alarm sound & 1 notification sound, I didn't see any reason to have that stealing my space. So while I was doing that I decided to delete the languages I will never use & also fonts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones