• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Roam Control Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Rooted My Samsung Epic 4g Touch, And Bought Roam Control And Installed It I Turned Roam Only On And Got The Triagle Popped Up...I'm Getting 3g Still...I Thought You Have To Do Something Else To Get 3g And It Was Only 1x? Am I On Verizons Network? How Do I Find Out

Why are you forcing roaming?

Please be advised Sprint can and will terminate your contract, and charge you a $350 etf for too much roaming.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
If your Sprint E4GT shows as roaming in the US, then yes, you're on the VZW network. I don't know if you can get 3G on VZW, but I have read about people who claim to have. I've only roamed once on my Sprint device, and that was in the mountains in PA, so I'd imagine that VZW didn't have 3G in that area, just like Sprint didn't. I was happy enough with 1X, Pandora still worked.

Upvote 0
jerofld;[URL="tel:4223658" said:
4223658[/URL]]If your Sprint E4GT shows as roaming in the US, then yes, you're on the VZW network. I don't know if you can get 3G on VZW, but I have read about people who claim to have. I've only roamed once on my Sprint device, and that was in the mountains in PA, so I'd imagine that VZW didn't have 3G in that area, just like Sprint didn't. I was happy enough with 1X, Pandora still worked.

i can say for a fact it roams on vzw's 3g network. however not in all markets. i know heres a prl you can program thats out there that forces it to the 3g network in all areas. it was originally pushed out to business users. thats what i have on mine. my first day with it i was roaming at home getting 1x speeds on speedtest. did the prl programming and voila, 3g. there is a signal app on the market that will tell you what network you are on. my phone displayed 3g, but the app identifyied the network as 1xrt.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones