• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Roaming Indicator Flashing - Change Banner

redsox985

Android Enthusiast
Aug 25, 2011
So, after trying to change my banner text with Root Tools, the roaming indicator is now flashing non-stop in my pull down menu. I have a back up from a day or so ago made with TB so hopefully I'll be able to restore the correct file...but which one? Is it the eri file? Also, it changed my background to the gray/black stripes, the stock background.

Thank you!

EDIT: Found this and went into a hex editor and retyped "Verizon Wireless". Let's see how this reboot goes.

$#!+...Still there. Any ideas? *228 Option 2 didn't help. I'm definitely not roaming. Could someone send me their /system/framework/framework-res.apk file?

A complete backup with MyBackUp Root and factory reset fixed it. All in all, it took about an hour to backup, reset, and restore. I know I won't be doing the banner change again any time soon!

Thank you for the help and advice. I think this is the last time I do heavy changes until the bootloader is unlocked...

Were you able to pull the backup off another device or did you have a full backup prior? I had a backup of all my APK's when I froze some stock apps. However when I did the restore and reset nothing happened. I have another clean Droid 3 I can pull a copy off of. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the help and advice. I think this is the last time I do heavy changes until the bootloader is unlocked...

Were you able to pull the backup off another device or did you have a full backup prior? I had a backup of all my APK's when I froze some stock apps. However when I did the restore and reset nothing happened. I have another clean Droid 3 I can pull a copy off of. Any suggestions?

I like MyBackUp Root for its simple UI. It's slower than TB, but very simple. I went in backed up Apps & Media, then Data, to my external SD card. Don't wipe either the internal or external SD card when resetting, since all you really need is for the phone's software to be fixed. Once I reset it, I re-ran the one click root and grabbed MBU Root from the market and did a restore of Apps & Media and then Data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones