Rogers HTC Dream Multitouch?

1. Ph0X

Ph0X New Member

I was just wonder, Am I the only one who noticed that the Rogers Android Cupcake version didn't have Multitouch enabled?

I read alot everywhere about the custom Android build, and everyone instantly noticed the missing onscreen keyboard, the couple extra rogers apps and the other apps that came with it (pdf reader, office, etc). They also all noticed the ActiveSync, but I've yet to see someone talk about the missing multitouch?

I don't know, maybe I'm just being stupid here and not seeing it, but I'm pretty sure Cupcake was supposed to enable multitouch? Or did they finally decide not to because of Apple? Is it like only in JF's version or something?

I looked around for hours and didn't find a single word about it.

Advertisement
  2. DThor

DThor Active Member

AFAIK multitouch on Android is new with the yet-to-be-released hero.

DT
  3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

read the cupcake release notes, there was nothing about multitouch. Don't know about this hero business, but that would probably be a new update as well.
  4. msimoens

msimoens Active Member

From what I'm told, they are kind of waiting to get this out. You can get multitouch working (I have my browser using multitouch). Apple had a patent which scared many companies (Google and HP alike) but Apple lost their lawsuit against Palm (read here) so you never know what Hero build or Donut will give us.

The Hero build right now does not have it. The only thing I've seen is the browser but there may be others, I just haven't looked. Google "apple palm multi touch" and you can get a bunch of news articles abou this.