• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM 7-2] Kangerade V4.0.7 *Built from source, Huge list of features and themes*

whats new in the music app? i saw its revamped in the changelog, i was jw

The stock music app is now the one made by someone named Elliott. It's a slight modification of the stock player that has more options for widgets and the widgets show album artwork. It's quite nice. But I still use the one known as "3" (or Cubed) because I've just gotten used to it.

Upvote 0
I'm using the Chevy 1.2 Ultra-Low Voltage, so far no problems with Jrummy's rom. Running over 2 days.

The only complaint I have so far (and this may not be anything to do with Jrummy, because I just really haven't paid attention) is that when it's in the media dock, it goes to sleep mode. With stock before root and post root it generally stayed on in clock mode or something. Maybe something worth looking in to?

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Just tried to install (with wipe) from Rom Manager...went through first boot, then finished the Google setup only to have it crash and my phone wouldn't do anything except show the status bar. Rebooted and it won't get passed the boot animation.

In ClockwordMod wiping cache and doing factory reset now to reflash there.

*edit* seems to work fine now.

Upvote 0
What voltage do you use?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm using the P3Droid 1.2Ghz standard voltage kernel. When I used 2.1 ROMs I was able to run low voltage kernels but for some reason they won't run properly on Froyo ROMs.

Must be some kind lof fluke for you. I'm using P3's 1.25GHz low voltage kernel and haven't had any hiccups on Pete's Virgin FRF84B. Or any other ROM for that matter.

Upvote 0
1) how to turn off tethering or hotspot notification....
2) I love your roms....lol

keep up the good work.

The tethering/hotspot notification is something that pops up as soon as you enable WiFi. It can't be "turned off" but there is a fix that JRummy posted. Basically, flash the update.zip as you would any ROM, just don't wipe data/cache. Once done that annoying notification won't pop up anymore. If you use ROM Manager, the fix is in there (if you go to JRummy's section of ROM Manager, there's a section that says Small fixes for Kangerade 4.0.7). Just flash that and it will be done.

If you don't use ROM Manager, you'll need to download the file from here:

Small fix for kangerade 4.0.7 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Make sure you use the correct one. There's a file to use if you are using one of his themed ROMS and there's one if you decided to go with the stock-looking version of the ROM.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I just got the new "blue" themed rom from the post earlier. I did this after I put SPRecovery and all of that good stuff. I now am wanting to test some kernals out. I got ROM manager, SetCPU, and the other suggested goodies. When I go to install it off the SD card in ROM manager it says start up in clockwork recovery mode. Which is fine with me. Well nothing happens except the phone reboots. I then tried the power-X-button combo to do it manually and I get nothing. The phone starts up and stays on the M logo for a min or two, then goes back to a black screen, then goes back to the M logo for a min or two. All while I am pressing the X button. The then phone just goes through the boot animation and to the front screen. I can not get it to go into the standard recovery. I have looked everywhere for this, but I can not find anything. Any help would be appreciated and I will review it when I wake up.

Also, not sure if this is normal, but I have had my phone charging off the USB port on the PC for a good 4 1/2 hours and I went from 15% to 50%. Is that something that is going to be normal now that I am rooted, or is something wrong. I am leaving work in about 10 mins and I will see how it does on the drive home w/ Pandora running

Sorry for the long post, but I have a few more questions. Before I went with the ROM, I backed up all of my apps using ASTRO BACKUP. They showed all of my apps, but in the program when I said to install them, it said that nothing was selected. I had to go to each app and install them individually.

Also, how do you get the APPS2SD working. I have downloaded some apps and I have not seen any question to putting them on the SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones