• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM/App trouble

CMoffset

Apr 18, 2012
Cali.
Okay guys, I need help. I'll try to be as detailed as possible. These past few weeks I was running G60's CM7 build and this week I decided to flash Froyo ROMS just for the heck of it. I flashed bROM, Sharp, and the newest port from BSydz. No trouble there (I Wiped Data and Dalvik as usual and I used each ROM for 2 days). Everything worked fine, BUT I noticed bROM's boot animation stuck with Sharp ROM and the other ROM. So today I decided to flash an old nandroid backup that was Stock froyo and bROM's boot animation was still there as well as the shut down animation. So, I just flashed G60's CM7 and everything was fine. I restored my apps using titanium backup and opened up my favorite game, ZOMBIE LANE, and ALL MY PROGRESS was gone. Just like that I felt my heart crumble. So quickly I reflashed that Froyo nandroid backup I flashed earlier, restored the latest ZOMBIE LANE I had using titanium backup and everything was fine. All my progress was there and I was relieved.

I did some testing and reflashed G60's CM7 again and restored my Zombie Lane backup and all my progress was lost. I went back to froyo stock, restored Zombie Lane and my Zombie Lane progress was there. I flashed Sharp ROM, restored Zombie Lane and my progress was there. Flashed CM7 AGAIN, and... TITANIUM BACKUP won't restore my Zombie Lane data on CM7, but restores perfectly on Froyo. Can any of you tell me what is going on? I refuse to stay on froyo for CM7 is too amazing :(

EDIT: Im back on stock froyo and Zombie Lane works perfectly. I decided to take G60's advice and contact the vendor. I went on the PlayStore and clicked on "My Apps". I scrolled down to Zombie Lane, and guess what.... According the the PlayStore its not installed. In fact, Zombie Lane is not even "compatible" with my device but somehow it works perfectly. Any advice or suggestions?

Okay I emailed the vendor and they emailed me back telling me to go on their website and checking out the troubleshooting section.. yeah F this. Im gonna try to fix this myself even if its impossible. If I ever find a way to fix this I'll come back and let you guys know for perhaps maybe someone else is having the same trouble possibly with another app. Until then, I'll be stuck on stock froyo.

and also, Just wanna thank the Devs for making this phone so much better. This phone would be crap without you guys :)

Okay guys, I need help. I'll try to be as detailed as possible. These past few weeks I was running G60's CM7 build and this week I decided to flash Froyo ROMS just for the heck of it. I flashed bROM, Sharp, and the newest port from BSydz. No trouble there (I Wiped Data and Dalvik as usual and I used each ROM for 2 days). Everything worked fine, BUT I noticed bROM's boot animation stuck with Sharp ROM and the other ROM. So today I decided to flash an old nandroid backup that was Stock froyo and bROM's boot animation was still there as well as the shut down animation. So, I just flashed G60's CM7 and everything was fine. I restored my apps using titanium backup and opened up my favorite game, ZOMBIE LANE, and ALL MY PROGRESS was gone. Just like that I felt my heart crumble. So quickly I reflashed that Froyo nandroid backup I flashed earlier, restored the latest ZOMBIE LANE I had using titanium backup and everything was fine. All my progress was there and I was relieved.

I did some testing and reflashed G60's CM7 again and restored my Zombie Lane backup and all my progress was lost. I went back to froyo stock, restored Zombie Lane and my Zombie Lane progress was there. I flashed Sharp ROM, restored Zombie Lane and my progress was there. Flashed CM7 AGAIN, and... TITANIUM BACKUP won't restore my Zombie Lane data on CM7, but restores perfectly on Froyo. Can any of you tell me what is going on? I refuse to stay on froyo for CM7 is too amazing :(

My first guess would be the vendors has a version of Zombie Lane for Froyo, and one for Gingerbread. My suggestion would be to contact the vendor and see if they can tell you what files to back up and restore so you don't loose data from one version of Android to another.

Upvote 0
My first guess would be the vendors has a version of Zombie Lane for Froyo, and one for Gingerbread. My suggestion would be to contact the vendor and see if they can tell you what files to back up and restore so you don't loose data from one version of Android to another.

Okay I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion G60, I love your work!

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones