• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

This exact same issue happens with Carbon ROM. I guess the above developer abandoned trying fix these issues. Might need to dump this phone soon for lack of support.

Sooo... i flashed this in to try it out and i must say im in love ahhh its soo nice
Until i started running into the problems. So thought i would come on here and make my 1st post ever by saying how much i like it and what problem i found thus far

1) WiFi connection problems with signal strengths idk why but after flashing this my phone was haveing a hard time connecting to my wifi and saying the wifi connection was bad when my other stock f6 was connecting just fine the other one had the same problem when flashed this on it but its not a big deal it eventually goes in and i get the WiFi the initial connection just has a hard time

2) the only resson i dont use this constantly would have to be this problem
When i hit power button and the phone goes to lock screen sometimes when i hit power button to wake it up again my screen will not come back on and i have to take out the battery and turn it back on to get it working again its really the 1# problem i have found.

3) even after changeing my provider in settings to metro it says that its T-Mobile on lock screen and status bar i get service but thats just a small thing i found and i can live with it

This its for both of you...
Reading is a requirement tool of life.... All this Roms are in Developed stages...
Which it makes it a hobby.
Meaning that Non of them get paid for it...
If y

Upvote 0
I don't think Hroark13 will be making any new versions, although I can't say for sure. As far as I know Angablade is the only person working on this ROM right now. Have you tried any of his builds?

Thanks for replying pretty active on the F6 forums and, v13 gives me a boot loop and v9 i did a test and i think it was pretty ok but i really love the cm11 feel and would be so happy if anyone fixed it 3 things would need to be fixed for this to be a daily driver 1. Signal bars strength 2. Call volume 3. Random reboots!

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying pretty active on the F6 forums and, v13 gives me a boot loop and v9 i did a test and i think it was pretty ok but i really love the cm11 feel and would be so happy if anyone fixed it 3 things would need to be fixed for this to be a daily driver 1. Signal bars strength 2. Call volume 3. Random reboots!
Have you tried raising the minimum CPU clock speed? I raised the minimum speed on mine to a little below 600mhz and no more black screen of death or random reboots. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for the low volume or weak signal.

Upvote 0
If you read through both cm11 threads you might be able to find some useful tweaks but that's like 1700 posts in total.

Black screens and reboots don't happen for me :) Maybe because of using Xperion mod but i didn't find it essential for an issue cause that's only on some. The v9 so far is the best version an signal strength is ify to fix but i can handle it just that call volume is horrendous. If it wasn't for this key issue i would use it as my drive i've tried some flashes and, viper nothing has worked for this so far.

Upvote 0
hi guys,
the main camera and wifi are not working on my LG F6, its the european version
is there anybody still working on these fixes ?
V13 reboots continuously, the only one that booted was V9, but still no camera and no wifi
i appreciate it, thank you
1st this rom is compatible afaik only with the MetroPCS MS500, while the Euro LG Optimus F6 is the D505 with some hw diffs, so i think that the Euro F6 needs to be build from the pure source code from LG. This rom it's built from modified EUR F6 Source code, since the LG released the KK source only for this device.
2nd how do you get a root + recovery on the D505 ? I didn't find anything

Upvote 0
i spent half a night trying to get it to work
i rooted the phone with the latest towelroot, but keep in mind that it reverts to non rooted if restart the phone and still have the stock rom on it
i tried all the recovery apps for F6, but none worked and would not let me run into recovery,
then i found this utility on a forum, after install it will boot into recovery if you press volume down. you may also want to install the second file to permanently have a recovery utility permanently installed
maybe somebody can find a solution to my wifi, it gets me crazy

Attachments

• F6Utilities2.apk
    360 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Curuf1n
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
For cm rom u don't need apk... U just need to reboot ph n press home botton until recovery appear
You can also go to settings/about phone and tap on build number 7 times to turn on developer options. Then go to developer options and turn on advanced 4 way reboot menu. This will give you the option to boot into recovery.

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
so this rom works absolutely fantastic for me except for the following

got stuck on bootloop once
got stuck on lockscreen where continuous vibrating took over, hasnt happened again
i continue to get a crash dump on phone calls, just actually had my first complete phone call since flashing

any idea if that keeps happening how to fix? i scanned the thread but didnt see anything about that...otherwise super pumped to have this rom ::thumbsup:: great work...cant wait till i am able to be good enough to do custom rom work myself, but this rom with xblast tools and xhalo floatingwindow is absolutely superior, oh and lollipop call too, althought not too sure how i feel about that.

EDIT: speakerphone doesnt work for me either

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey all - First off all props to hroark13 and the other devs for this. I can flash the rom perfectly. Blue screened once or twice but that just triggered a reboot and I think it got over it. I do have one question, however. I've seen a bunch of talk on the thread about the led flashing being out of control or something to that effect, and it being fixed. I am just wondering if the LED is working properly now or just turned off? I really like the LED (yes I know it's totally superficial) and just can't seem to find a place on this to configure it, or seen it do anything. I'm using the euro port or 4.4.2 that hroark was able to do, but was hoping for cm with the few touches like the lights. Heh

Upvote 0
Hey all - First off all props to hroark13 and the other devs for this. I can flash the rom perfectly. Blue screened once or twice but that just triggered a reboot and I think it got over it. I do have one question, however. I've seen a bunch of talk on the thread about the led flashing being out of control or something to that effect, and it being fixed. I am just wondering if the LED is working properly now or just turned off? I really like the LED (yes I know it's totally superficial) and just can't seem to find a place on this to configure it, or seen it do anything. I'm using the euro port or 4.4.2 that hroark was able to do, but was hoping for cm with the few touches like the lights. Heh

Its off it works but the down side is it will constantly flash

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones