• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla

Stock, rooted, that's it.

I am posting this becuase people kind of asked for it.

It's stock with root, therefore I will not be supporting it. I've done nothing to it.

It is not deodexed, or zipaligned, or anything else.

Flash in Heimdall and wipe after, as usual.

Enjoy.

D
I am enjoying, thank you, D!!

Although technically still DJ11 (no EC02 update), Tab had been Z4ROOTed, WPA_SUPPLICANT file replaced (for ad-hoc network access), and a few apps which require root access.

Z4ROOT configuration had to be corrected first: I could not [initially] flash D's stock+root EI04, as tab refused to start. Volume-up/power multi-flashed menu, then quickly disappeared, so it wasn't even possible to wipe data & cache.

After a few failed attempts, I flashed files to "Restore VZW Galaxy Tab to stock DJ11", and immediately flashed D's stock+root 2.3.5, which [then] worked.

After TB batch restore, the only minor glitch was non-responsive camera app, which soon "forced OFF" (not app Forced Close: attempted use of camera powered off Tab). After rebooting, camera/"flash" [then] worked.

Other than that, I noticed AdFree Android isn't... meaning ads show in apps that "never" had 'em before... TBD why. [edit: App update and download of new local hosts apparently required after EI04 update.]

Happy to be GINGERBREADed and rooted... thanks, D !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones