• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

I do not think its custom, I used CM7-TG-Reloaded-2012-03-25 and I assume its part of that. I installed the same rom on wife's phone and it does same thing. I've been using it a while now it doesn't bother me that much but the wife would like the 12 hour format. Maybe I should try a custom lock screen?

Not yet. I haven't running Whyzor's work for a while. Well, not sense g60, Whyzor, and mantera tought me how to build. Well you have some choices. You could try one of G60's ROMs, the work he did when Whyzor left or his new one MTDEV
The first one is a continuation of what you have now. The second is a start-from-scatch that has some improvments in over all that has been done.

The other choice you have is wait untill someone figures out what is going on on you ROM.

Another thing I can recommend is to do a nandroid backup of what you have and try one of the ROMs listed. If you want to move I would recommend SMSBackup to backup your messages so you can move them to the new ROM.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for the excellent work. I successfully installed and have a working unit. However, I find that although initially the phone was fast responding, now it has slowed down. Specifically I see (through SeePU app) that the processor is always at work (the bar is almost all the time red, means processor is 80-100 % in use) and memory slowly goes down and does not recover. My personal experience of the difference between Froyo and Gingerbread has been the more efficient handling of the memory. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for the excellent work. I successfully installed and have a working unit. However, I find that although initially the phone was fast responding, now it has slowed down. Specifically I see (through SeePU app) that the processor is always at work (the bar is almost all the time red, means processor is 80-100 % in use) and memory slowly goes down and does not recover. My personal experience of the difference between Froyo and Gingerbread has been the more efficient handling of the memory. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a memory leak. That points to either a bad flash/download, our a naughty app. I would start with a reflash, then introduce the apps one at a time.

Upvote 0
I would recommend installing the mtdev-cm7 rom. Its much more stable due to the fact whyzor's build is based on cm7 rc1 and MTDEV is based on cm7.2 stable. Also we have updated a lot of the library files for the phone including fixing lots of bugs. You should see in increase in overall performance and battery life.

I can second that remark. We also included some tweaks and are still making more. Plus, you can get a heads up on our ICS and JB ROMs.

Upvote 0
Flashed the other ROM and the gapps. Still didn't show. I cleared data, cache, and Dalvik and then flashed the ROM. After it finished I flashed the gapps and then rebooted, but the gapps don't show; just Google Talk. Am I doing something wrong? :thinking:

You might have a bad download of gapps. Make sure it's named with GB in it.

Are you going to work on ics?

Is who working on ICS? I think we (MTRDEV) are the only ones working on ICS for the MT ATM.

Upvote 0
Flashed the other ROM and the gapps. Still didn't show. I cleared data, cache, and Dalvik and then flashed the ROM. After it finished I flashed the gapps and then rebooted, but the gapps don't show; just Google Talk. Am I doing something wrong? :thinking:

That means you are only flashing gapps Talk. There are two different zip files for CM7. One is called just gapps. The other is called gapp Talk.

Here's the direct link. Click and download flash enjoy.

Upvote 0
Is there another rom with stable tethering? I love this rom because tethering works really well once I force it to use evdo...... email works fine.... but nothing else really works.... 2/3 of apps just randomly disappear or FC....

Have you tried CM7 by MTDEV. It had it working, I haven't tested it myself for like 6 months, but it should work. If it doesn't please report it and I can put it on my list of things to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones