• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]CyanogenMod 7 for the huawei Ascend II M865

will this work on the US Cellular version of the ascend 2?

also,i rooted my phone with SDK and Super One Click, everything seems to be fine. except, when i try to download the cm7 ROM from ROM manager, it reads my phone as an m860. why?

also, when i try to do a backup of my stock ROM or try to install the cm7 ROM, my phone gets stuck on the white Huawei screen and does nothing. i have to pull the battery t restart it. i have Clock Work Recovery flashed just fine and i have Busy Box installed. i did use app 2 rom to move some stuff on my phone, is this the problem? should i backup my contacts and do a factory reset on my phone and start over?

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Upvote 0
ok, i got 'er figured out... thought i'd share.

i just put Playful God's cm7 port on mine this past weekend. had to download GoSMS Pro to be able to receive MMS messages, and the play store thinks my phone is a Cricket phone. but, data, voice, and text work perfectly.

it's kinda strange though, you have to do a complete wipe before installing cm7 so you loose everything. well, i backed up my contacts usin the my contacts backup app from US Cellular, when i tried to download the app from the market using my phone, it said that it wasn't available for my carrier (remember, the market thinks mine is a cricket A2) but when i sent it to my phone via website from my home PC, it downloaded and worked great...

Upvote 0
I'm new to the m865 due to the fact that my toilet ate my mesmerize. I've gone through all the firey hoops to root and install cm7 beta on my phone. what i need to know is if there is a fix for the wifi or mabe a different rom that can compare to the cm7 beta? I love all the extra "stuff" in this rom but I NEED my wifi. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I'm new to the m865 due to the fact that my toilet ate my mesmerize. I've gone through all the firey hoops to root and install cm7 beta on my phone. what i need to know is if there is a fix for the wifi or mabe a different rom that can compare to the cm7 beta? I love all the extra "stuff" in this rom but I NEED my wifi. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check out unleashedprepaids.com, lots of great roms over there for the A2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones