1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

(ROM)(DEV) ICS CM9 for marvelc

1. zeusmp5

zeusmp5 Member

This is an alpha, data,wifi,camera,etc does not work but i managed to changet the boot.img for it and it does boot for metro users but not sure for virgin users:confused:

PS:i do not own this rom nor am i a DEV
    PSS:Once you install data does not work on stock

Advertisement
    reilus likes this.
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

This ROM is not for MarvelC/CDMA, and even if it manages to boot for Metro users, the ROM's dev has stated no intention to develop it for MarvelC/CDMA phones. From his OP over at XDA:
    Also, it would be a good idea to quote the source and give credit to the dev as well:
    [ROM][WIP]HTC_Marvel_idogx_CM9_alpha2.1.1
  3. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I removed the link from the first post. You can still download the ROM by visiting the link to the developer's thread in CafeKampuchia's post, but make sure to read the whole post and the warning. ;)
    CafeKampuchia likes this.
  4. zeusmp5

zeusmp5 Member

oh sorry but then it wont work cause i changed the boot.img so that it will boot on marvelc and other devs could try to make it so that it can work on it
  5. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

It seems like I misunderstood. Here's the link to your version, the one with the changed boot.img that was originally in the first post.

HTC_Marvel_idogx_CM9_alpha2.1.1 (1).zip

Sorry.
  6. insink71

insink71 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold my breath on help.
    Here is the low-down skinny in developer world.
    Sense is often copied, hacked, modded, ported, etc.
    Cyanogenmod is built. A port or anything less is at best unofficial and a possible blight on a great team's work.
    So building what must one do? One must build a device tree defining the hardware in their device and at least achieve basic bring-up... Then build and grow that tree until all the modules work, then further perfect the tree so that all runs efficiently, correctly, etc.
    I suppose getting a cm port booting is an ok thing, but coders want the hardware list first or maybe an upload of all modules [from stock RUU] to a github. That is every bit as good or better info for one to start building with. Unfortunately there are very few marvelc devs. I know the team I'm on is focused on getting a gb tree working before we would look at or consider cm9. But perhaps there are those who want the latest and greatest... At this point, there are no known aosp [working] builds though for marvelc. Makes sense to try 7.2 first as their is more documentation [or help] for the developer attempting.

Good luck.

Rob