• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (ROM)(DEV) ICS CM9 for marvelc

This ROM is not for MarvelC/CDMA, and even if it manages to boot for Metro users, the ROM's dev has stated no intention to develop it for MarvelC/CDMA phones. From his OP over at XDA:
GSM (phone/messages/GPRS/EDGE/3G)
Also, it would be a good idea to quote the source and give credit to the dev as well:
[ROM][WIP]HTC_Marvel_idogx_CM9_alpha2.1.1

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I wouldn't hold my breath on help.
Here is the low-down skinny in developer world.
Sense is often copied, hacked, modded, ported, etc.
Cyanogenmod is built. A port or anything less is at best unofficial and a possible blight on a great team's work.
So building what must one do? One must build a device tree defining the hardware in their device and at least achieve basic bring-up... Then build and grow that tree until all the modules work, then further perfect the tree so that all runs efficiently, correctly, etc.
I suppose getting a cm port booting is an ok thing, but coders want the hardware list first or maybe an upload of all modules [from stock RUU] to a github. That is every bit as good or better info for one to start building with. Unfortunately there are very few marvelc devs. I know the team I'm on is focused on getting a gb tree working before we would look at or consider cm9. But perhaps there are those who want the latest and greatest... At this point, there are no known aosp [working] builds though for marvelc. Makes sense to try 7.2 first as their is more documentation [or help] for the developer attempting.

Good luck.

Rob

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones