• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Dirty Unicorns 5.1.1 {HAMMERHEAD} (4/26/15)

Which mobile technology does your carrier use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be very isolated. Either way, get me a log of the instance where you're attempting to press the back button w/ the shade down.

Log:
[HIGH]--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/dalvikvm( 4989): Enabling JNI app bug workarounds for target SDK version 11...
W/ContextImpl( 4989): PDroid:ContextImpl: ContextImpl being created but already has sOuterContext
W/ContextImpl( 4989): PDroid:ContextImpl: ContextImpl being created but already has sOuterContext
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 130K, 1% free 17798K/17956K, paused 22ms, total 22ms
I/dalvikvm-heap( 4989): Grow heap (frag case) to 18.401MB for 1048592-byte allocation
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 1K, 1% free 18821K/18984K, paused 11ms, total 11ms
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_CONCURRENT freed <1K, 1% free 18821K/18984K, paused 1ms+2ms, total 13ms
I/System.out( 4989): tainted command part 0: logcat
I/System.out( 4989): tainted command part 1: -v
I/System.out( 4989): tainted command part 2: brief
I/System.out( 4989): tainted command part 3: *:V
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_CONCURRENT freed 174K, 2% free 19073K/19296K, paused 2ms+1ms, total 15ms
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_CONCURRENT freed 69K, 1% free 19395K/19488K, paused 2ms+1ms, total 20ms
[/HIGH]

FYI, I don't think anything happened on the log while pressing the back button.

Upvote 0
Installed today and for the last 4hrs I must say I am really enjoying the ROM. I love the fact that it is lite and doesn't have all the apps I don't want and allows me to add the one's I do want. I LOVE the fact that I don't have to use lightflow for it never work that well for me, nothing against the app just it never was perfect.

My only question at this point is the the OP states there is immersive mode but I can't figure out where to go...any help LOL!!

Upvote 0
Installed today and for the last 4hrs I must say I am really enjoying the ROM. I love the fact that it is lite and doesn't have all the apps I don't want and allows me to add the one's I do want. I LOVE the fact that I don't have to use lightflow for it never work that well for me, nothing against the app just it never was perfect.

My only question at this point is the the OP states there is immersive mode but I can't figure out where to go...any help LOL!!

Expanded desktop QS tile = Immersive mode.

Log:
[HIGH]--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/dalvikvm( 4989): Enabling JNI app bug workarounds for target SDK version 11...
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 130K, 1% free 17798K/17956K, paused 22ms, total 22ms
I/dalvikvm-heap( 4989): Grow heap (frag case) to 18.401MB for 1048592-byte allocation
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 1K, 1% free 18821K/18984K, paused 11ms, total 11ms
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_CONCURRENT freed <1K, 1% free 18821K/18984K, paused 1ms+2ms, total 13ms
I/System.out( 4989): tainted command part 0: logcat
I/System.out( 4989): tainted command part 1: -v
I/System.out( 4989): tainted command part 2: brief
I/System.out( 4989): tainted command part 3: *:V
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_CONCURRENT freed 174K, 2% free 19073K/19296K, paused 2ms+1ms, total 15ms
D/dalvikvm( 4989): GC_CONCURRENT freed 69K, 1% free 19395K/19488K, paused 2ms+1ms, total 20ms
[/HIGH]

FYI, I don't think anything happened on the log while pressing the back button.

You're right. It doesn't pop up on the log. I was able to duplicate the issue. I'm not sure what exactly is causing it, but just use the home button or swipe the drawer in the mean time. I'll look into it.

Upvote 0
It's been 1 day now and I must say I love this ROM, very smooth, very quick. Still can't find how to get to immersive mode but that's simply because I am a noob at this stuff..LOL! The only other issue (if you want to call it that) is that when I go to uninstall an app with TB, after reboot the app is still there. Not a major issue, I can always just freeze it but if I'm never going to use it I would rather have it gone. i.e. stock browser, I prefer Chrome or Dolphin, or stock email, I use AquaMail instead.

Other than that I love this Rom, very beautifully done!!

Upvote 0
Link for gapps is down, rom ooks great, nice job :D

You can use any 4.4.2 gapps that you want. It's really personal preference. I just provide the Banks Core because that's what I like and use.

I should have some nice treats for everyone coming up soon. :p

Upvote 0
Is mms working for everyone? I realized I haven't gotten mms for a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure it worked when I flashed the rom but not 100% sure. Anyway, just wanted to make sure it's not broken on this rom. Might be my fault, but completely clueless on what's messing it up.

Edit: Scratch that. Ad Block Plus wasn't playing nice. I disabled it and my pics downloaded. This isn't the first issue I've ran across with ad blockers lately.

Upvote 0
Darn. Have to wait until I'm home from work tonight. :rolleyes:;)

That's fine. I forgot to include a fairly important fix. I'll compile a new build when I get home from work tonight and re-upload.

EDIT: Here's that updated build w/ fixes and other goodies! du_hammerhead_20140116-1928.zip

Upvote 0
Just flashed. Liking the new options.

A couple of things right off the bat:

1.) Not sure yet if I'm digging the new dpi settings or the resolution change; whatever you want to call it. Is there a way to adjust that, or is it baked in?
I may end up liking it but just unsure right now. I think it would be good to have an adjustable setting regardless if there is not one already in place or in the works.

2.) Can you add a quick settings tile for driving mode? Would be handy as that's one you'd switch on and off frequently for driving.

Haven't used it for more than 10 minutes but seems snappier; recents button has noticeably less lag. Dirty flashed over the last build. I'll report more as it comes up.

Thanks for the update!

Edit: getting noticeably less lag in tapa as well while scrolling. Not sure if related to the dpi change or something else.

Reactions: Hook
Upvote 0
Just flashed. Liking the new options.

A couple of things right off the bat:

1.) Not sure yet if I'm digging the new dpi settings or the resolution change; whatever you want to call it. Is there a way to adjust that, or is it baked in?
I may end up liking it but just unsure right now. I think it would be good to have an adjustable setting regardless if there is not one already in place or in the works.

2.) Can you add a quick settings tile for driving mode? Would be handy as that's one you'd switch on and off frequently for driving.

Haven't used it for more than 10 minutes but seems snappier; recents button has noticeably less lag. Dirty flashed over the last build. I'll report more as it comes up.

Thanks for the update!

Edit: getting noticeably less lag in tapa as well while scrolling. Not sure if related to the dpi change or something else.

Yeah, I reduced the DPI from 480 to 440 (or 420 - can't remember). It was actually only done because the public asked for it, then I felt that they were right because such a beautiful display should be taken advantage of. However, you can always feel free to modify the build.prop to go back to 480. Just make sure you clear Play Store data after the reboot. As for driving mode tile, I'll look into adding it. Shouldn't be too difficult.

However, you did mention some lag w/ recents - I've never noticed this before. I don't notice much lag at all, honestly. Devices these days are so jacked up that it's hard to tell what "lag" actually is anymore.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones