• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Dirty Unicorns 5.1.1 {HAMMERHEAD} (4/26/15)

Which mobile technology does your carrier use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Since the update I don't get 4g anymore. I gave it a full 48 hours before posting in case it was just down in my area.

I even did a clean install this time. I saw over on xda that you said nothing changed for gsm users in regards to an LTE question someone had.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I know that "not working" is pretty vague but I don't know what else to say. I can only get h/h+

Upvote 0
Hmm. Since the update I don't get 4g anymore. I gave it a full 48 hours before posting in case it was just down in my area.

I even did a clean install this time. I saw over on xda that you said nothing changed for gsm users in regards to an LTE question someone had.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I know that "not working" is pretty vague but I don't know what else to say. I can only get h/h+

I haven't had time to install yet, so I can't give feedback on whether this is universal or not. Been a bit busy, but if I can will do a nandroid of my current setup and install either tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

Did you check your APN's?

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Did you check your APN's?

Thanks. I hadn't. It's working now, though admittedly I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to apn settings. I've just never had to mess with them.

I ticked the ATT LTE (pta) preset. LTE showed up after a reboot. Previously I didn't have to select/change anything on earlier versions of DU.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Reactions: Hook
Upvote 0
Currently running from the link in post #88. Is there any difference from this one and the latest that you udpated in the OP? Just don't want to reflash if I don't have too. ;)

As I say, dirty flash worked fine for me, which means nothing is disturbed and you just have to reinstall whatever Franco kernel you are using, if you are.

It's not a huge difference (I was also on the 1/16 beta), but I'm sensing more refinement and there are certainly a lot of new and/or differently organized stuff in Settings and Dirty Tweaks that I haven't had time to go through.

Up to you, of course. I can't resist. ;) ooh,look, dirty... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I just flashed updated DU. Is there something going on with the Calendar? Or is it Google? I am unable to add/sync google calendar, its been saying try again later for over 24 hrs. From what I see there is no option to add in account settings.

Fixed: I installed Google Calendar from Play Store...It auto synced. I'm Happy now.

That's gapps dependent, not ROM.

Upvote 0
I just updated to the new version. Did a clean flash of the ROM and gapps from the links on the first page. I'm having an issue with a couple apparently that were installed on the previous version. I had the Amazon app and Candy Crush installed but now the Play Store is telling me that they are not compatible with my device. Anybody know what the issues might be?

Upvote 0
Here us a screenshot.

Attachments

• 1391895061558.jpg
    1391895061558.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0
I just updated to the new version. Did a clean flash of the ROM and gapps from the links on the first page. I'm having an issue with a couple apparently that were installed on the previous version. I had the Amazon app and Candy Crush installed but now the Play Store is telling me that they are not compatible with my device. Anybody know what the issues might be?

My guess is hey don't like the dpi that is now default to take advantage of the Nexus 5 screen capability. The current solution is HERE, I believe. However, NYCHitman1 has indicated the next build (official build?) will have a DPI setting of some sort that can be adjusted.

So far this problem hasn't hit an app I care about and I'm just digging the great screen resolution. ;)

Upvote 0
I have and use Amazon regularly and have played Candy Crush without any issues. However, you aren't the first person to say that Amazon store has been shown as incompatible when it isn't. Try clearing Play Store data + cache and see if that helps.

Tried that, didn't make a difference. However, as I indicaed, unless it happens with an app I can't live without, I'm not going to care. ;)

Upvote 0
Here's that test build.

du_hammerhead_20140210-2339.zip | by NYCHitman1 for Nexus 5

Please don't post this on XDA or anywhere else for that matter :)

So I installed it and works fine. I tried changing the LCD density to 480 and I really can't tell the difference. Furthermore, the Play Store still wouldn't offer me the Amazon app (even after rebooting and clearing playstore data and cache). Is it possible the tweak isn't working and dpi is not changing? Is there a way to take a measure that would confirm dpi? Or was I imaginging the big difference I thought I saw when you switched to the new dpi.

Now, I did my usual dirty flash. I'll do a Nandroid and do a clean flash and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Did a clean install and same thing. Either my old eyes can't tell the difference between 420 dpi and 480 dpi or it isn't changing.

By the way, I don't give a fig about the Amazon app and so far no app I care about is a problem with the Play Store and 420 dpi, I was just using that app to test. :)

I've returned to my 1/31 setup for now and will play again tomorrow night.

Right now, it looks like it is only doing 420 and not doing 480.

Upvote 0
So I installed it and works fine. I tried changing the LCD density to 480 and I really can't tell the difference. Furthermore, the Play Store still wouldn't offer me the Amazon app (even after rebooting and clearing playstore data and cache). Is it possible the tweak isn't working and dpi is not changing? Is there a way to take a measure that would confirm dpi? Or was I imaginging the big difference I thought I saw when you switched to the new dpi.

EDIT: Did a clean install and same thing. Either my old eyes can't tell the difference between 420 dpi and 480 dpi or it isn't changing.

By the way, I don't give a fig about the Amazon app and so far no app I care about is a problem with the Play Store and 420 dpi, I was just using that app to test. :)

I've returned to my 1/31 setup for now and will play again tomorrow night.

Right now, it looks like it is only doing 420 and not doing 480.

Now, I did my usual dirty flash. I'll do a Nandroid and do a clean flash and see if that makes a difference.

You could look within the build.prop to see if it was actually changed. It seems to be working okay for me (DPI changer - that is), but it's possible that it's a little buggy.

In build.prop look for LCD.Density=

Reactions: Hook
Upvote 0
You could look within the build.prop to see if it was actually changed. It seems to be working okay for me (DPI changer - that is), but it's possible that it's a little buggy.

In build.prop look for LCD.Density=

Yeah, that was going to be my next move. I'll try it tonight. I'm just glad, if it isn't working, that it is stuck on 420 and not the other way around. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones