• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Eris Lightning 1.0

Cool, thanks. I'm gonna do a nand backup and try flashing this over 2.03. I'll let ya know if it works.

EDIT: Flashed over 2.03 and the only thing I notice that changed was the battery indicator. Everything seems to be working ok, including a2sd and OC. Question about overclocking, should I have the max set at 710Mhz or will that mess up the phone?

Upvote 0
I've been running it all day with the Max at 633 and now apps are taking forever to open and some force close. Gonna try a wipe and reinstall.

I have been running at 710...it seems pretty stable like that. Yeah try a wipe and reinstall. I have had no force closes at all. Also the battery updates in original post will still work so you can change back to the battery of your choice.

Upvote 0
Cool, thanks. I'm gonna do a nand backup and try flashing this over 2.03. I'll let ya know if it works.

EDIT: Flashed over 2.03 and the only thing I notice that changed was the battery indicator. Everything seems to be working ok, including a2sd and OC. Question about overclocking, should I have the max set at 710Mhz or will that mess up the phone?

Just flashed this rom. Evertything seems ok. But i cannot figure out how to OC...
Where is this setting? Or do i need to flash another file?

Upvote 0
You have to install setCPU (costs 1.99 in Market).

Anyone else notice that the awake time is 100%? Is this due to the overclocking? Seems to drain battery pretty quickly...

Setcpu is free to members of xda if you want to go over there and look but it never hurts to support the dev if you want to get it from the market. I hadn't noticed the awake time but my battery life has been good. I will look at it later cause I am testing another Rom I'm making.

Upvote 0
Thanks. One more question.
I flashed the dialer key update, but didn't notice a change.
Is there another step I have to take?

Love this Rom so far!!!!

Dialer update was already added into the rom when I updated to the new version so it would not have done anything but thanks for bringing that to my attention so I can remove it from the post. The battery updates will still switch between the different battery indicators so you can pick the one you like.

Upvote 0
Dialer update was already added into the rom when I updated to the new version so it would not have done anything but thanks for bringing that to my attention so I can remove it from the post. The battery updates will still switch between the different battery indicators so you can pick the one you like.

Ok, got it.
I'm liking the circle indicator for now :)

Upvote 0
Setcpu is free to members of xda if you want to go over there and look but it never hurts to support the dev if you want to get it from the market. I hadn't noticed the awake time but my battery life has been good. I will look at it later cause I am testing another Rom I'm making.

Thanks Conan! You the man! Lemme know what you find out.

Also still noticing a bit of a lag. I have OC set to 528min 710 max. What are your settings Conan, since they seem to be working for you? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones