1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

ROM Index for the Verizon HTC One

1. Lykarsis

Lykarsis Well-Known Member Contributor

Advertisement
    :
    clsA and scotty85 like this.
  2. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

yay there is life!
  3. Lykarsis

Indeed there is. It will pick up more as the days go by. I remember that it took about 3 months after facepalm s-off for the DNA before development really took off.
  4. RATMachine

RATMachine Member

This qustion may need its own thread, but I am going to ask anyway.

I really want the google play edition of the HTC one. Is there a way that I can just buy one for $200 from verizon and then just root it to have stock 4.3 or 4.4, whatever it will take. Just trying to get around the $600 price tag
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Are you wanting to use the phone on vzw? If so,youll have to stick with a vzw variant and root and run custom roms. If you're wanting to use on another carrier,you can purchase an unlocked device and fully convert it if you wish.

The sprint and vzw variants are unique and won't work on other networks,despite some gsm compatability.
  6. RATMachine

RATMachine Member

great so it is possible. thanks for clearing that up
  7. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Yes,it is possible to convert a gsm variant. Not vzw or Sprint
  8. Lykarsis

That being said. There is a Google Edition ROM over on XDA that is solid as hell.
    scotty85 likes this.
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i didnt mean to imply you couldnt run a GPE type rom,sorry if it came across that way.

i simply meant you cannot convert a cdma device to a fully functional GPE phone that will recieve OTAs :)