ROM manager and G1 (update to new CM) ??

1. Dingo_HR

Dingo_HR Member

I have CM 4.3.25.2 on roted G1.

Downloaded ROM manager from Market and it offers me update to newest CM 6.0.0

I am not skilled in manual update and automatic update seems awful attractive for me to try.

So any suggestion ?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

As long as you have the Danger SPL loaded, you should be fine.

Cyanogen
  3. Dingo_HR

Dingo_HR Member

I am not shore do I have it if I already have CM on roted phone (v 4.2.15.1), will search google to find it.
    Anyway I can do Danger SPL anyway than I can use that ROM manager.

Thank You !!!
  4. Dingo_HR

Dingo_HR Member

Found it, no I do not have Danger SPL loaded and radio is 2.22.19.26I

I see 2.22.19.26I is "non US" but my G1 was T-mobile US, can not remember did I change radio while rooting and applying first CM.

So I download same radio for Danger SPL flash process ?

DANGER SPL aplication proccess OK ?
    Dream:DangerSPL - CyanogenMod Wiki

Thanks
  5. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

If you are sure that your G1 is a T-Mobile US version, upgrade your radio.
  6. Dingo_HR

Dingo_HR Member

I am shore, yes I bought it on eBay but it have T-mobile logo.

what can happen if I install wrong radio (which is still compatible with Danger SPL) ?

I mean non US version radio on G1 phone US version or vice verse ?
  7. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Installing the wrong radio, downgrading a radio at an improper time or any number of radio involved changes is a sure fire way of bricking. And I'm not talking the kind of brick that 95% of people think they have; I mean brick, you don't come back from it, it's a friggin brick now kind of brick.
  8. RKramkowski

RKramkowski New Member

I definitely have the US version. Just upgraded to Cyanogen 6.0.0. but my radio is 2.22.19.26I. I just found out that I should be using 2.22.23 for US based TMO devices.

All upgrade guides I see say to upgrade the radio first. So does that mean I can just flash the radio only? Or do I then have to reflash Cyanogen as well?

Thanks,
    Bob
  9. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

As long as you are sure that the radio will jive, you can flash just the radio without reflashing anything else.