• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom manager & signature error

Reactions: bmxdad
Upvote 0
Excellent ... thanks. I'll try it tonight.

newbie question ... what is Odin? Is it a compiler? I program in C# and I'm following the mono builds, but still need to get some basics down on what people are doing.

I can't tell you exactly what odin is I just know its the program that we use to push files from computer to phone. I'm sure that there are smarter ppl that come in that can explain more what it is. But all I know is we gotta have it ;)

Upvote 0
The link to odin and clockwork are 404's on the xda-developers site ... I'll do a search. Any particular version to look for?

hmm. Thats the only place that I know of for our phone. Maybe wait a lil bit and try again or try tomorrow. It may be a maintence issue. If you do look around make sure its for fascinate. The other galaxy s files or other things will NOT work for our phone. Yet again will not work. They will brick your phone.

Upvote 0
I feel like a kid ...

ok, to get into download mode I shut phone down, and holding both volume keys down, install the OEM USB cable .... it just goes into charge mode. If I do that and hit power button at the same time it boots normally. USB debugging is off as is mock locations (what is that?)

Should I be using/looking for a PICT file?

Upvote 0
I feel like a kid ...

ok, to get into download mode I shut phone down, and holding both volume keys down, install the OEM USB cable .... it just goes into charge mode. If I do that and hit power button at the same time it boots normally. USB debugging is off as is mock locations (what is that?)

Should I be using/looking for a PICT file?

Just hold the volume down rocker and then plug the usb cord in when the phone is off

Upvote 0
Yea ... installed. But all my apps are gone ... Jorte and such, even rom manager. Wasn't expecting that.

Do I have to reinstall Rom Manager, and if so how do I get the version I paid for back. I have backups, but just a little/lot? confused. I have an AppBrain account, so I'll do that first to get the apps back.

All apps that are paid are linked to your google acct. so you won't lose them you can even change phones completely and keep them.

But I'm confused what happened to your apps did you wipe data?

Upvote 0
Ummm ... yea, I kept reading about that being a 'ToDo' thing for a good install. Live and learn I guess. :)

AppBrain is installing apps now.

O I got ya now. I didn't realize you had jumped to installing the rom. I thought that you were saying that you lost them from installing clockwork.

Its best to get titanium backup or a like app(my backup root) and back everything up before doing a data wipe for a rom. But I was in your same boat and did the exact same thing with my first rom d/l. The best way to look at it is what you said you learn from mistakes.

Upvote 0
I backed everything up with titanium too ... I read a lot of horror stories about not backing up ... so Its all coming back ... I think I'm getting hooked on this :)

I noticed that the Phone System updates no longer work. (process com.android.settings has stopped) Is that because of the ROM I installed? I added the sonofskywalker super clean.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones