• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Manager

Anyone else having issues with ROM Manager?

I currently have Amon Ra flashed, when I tried to go to flash Clockwork the manager won't flash.

I even checked in the previous version folder and it would not open the folder.
Ok yes you can flash Clockwork Over AmonRa via Rom Manager..... but it doesent always get it the first time. Many times it will hang and then force close.... sometimes it just turns off. Sometimes it even says done succesfully but it didnt. Its a ficle beast trying to do this.
Basically Keep trying It will eventually get it. just Reboot try again Reboot try again etc.

Now with that said the best way is to Completely remove recovery via
this file: signed_clockwork_to_Stock_Recovery.zip
Now reboot go to Rom manager and try to flash Clockwork.

You may have a few itterations this way as well but not as likely.

THE KEY: keep trying. It will eventually work. I have done this a thousand times. It always works eventually. :D

Reactions: DoctorZaius68
Upvote 0
As SW2001 said its something of a fickle beast, just keep trying, or attempt the stock recovery to clockwork, but honestly id just start over on the backup unless it had something important, I find i can get a rom back to my previous state from fresh install in less than 10 minutes, and be on the road again.

Backups have always bothered me. Fresh installs seem so much cleaner, and I always find something new when I do!

Reactions: DoctorZaius68
Upvote 0
I am trying to go back to Clockwork from Amon as well.

My reason: I made a backup in Amon and tried to restore it, but when I did this, it said that it couldn't restore it. I tried everything I could think of to get the stupid backup to restore, but nothing :[

Reason for going to Amon in the first place: was trying to see if I could flash that stupid Gingerbread for Eclair for Velocity 0.3 theme. Clearly, it didn't work or I wouldn't be needing to restore a backup. :[[[

Upvote 0
I am trying to go back to Clockwork from Amon as well.

My reason: I made a backup in Amon and tried to restore it, but when I did this, it said that it couldn't restore it. I tried everything I could think of to get the stupid backup to restore, but nothing :[

Reason for going to Amon in the first place: was trying to see if I could flash that stupid Gingerbread for Eclair for Velocity 0.3 theme. Clearly, it didn't work or I wouldn't be needing to restore a backup. :[[[

Download this: http://goo.gl/FBid

Flash it after dalvik, and cache clear, youll beable to boot again. With stock theme. (this is released by trident for velocity 0.3)

Upvote 0
Thats not very nice. Velocity 0.3 is a hard release to port for.

I'm sorry GRZ :[ I didn't mean it like that. I was just frustrated because I couldn't get it to work. I really do appreciate all that you and everyone else here have done for this phone.

Well...really no point in going back to Clockwork now. When I tried downloading it, it said that there wasn't enough space on my sd card so, I decided to partition it (I have no idea why I thought this would help any). I completely forgot to backup my sd card before doing this.

I'm just really mad at myself for my stupidity. I lost all the pictures and videos I've taken with my phone and all the backups I've made (including my completely stock backup).

I'm just going to reflash Velocity 0.3 and try and get my phone back to how I want it. Hopefully, I can learn from this to be more patient next time.

Thank you everyone for helping me, though. And I apologize again for my words :[[[

Upvote 0
I just downloaded ROM Manager and it won't even let me. It keeps saying " error while downloading from server. Please make sure that you have a stable internet connection, and that your SD card is inserted and has free space".....very annoying, I unistalled and reinstalled and same crap.
Yes I am getting this too. Any ideas peoples? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones