• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM Mod] Spirit Rom - Xperia Mod

Curtis1973

Android Expert
Jul 1, 2012
Greenville,SC USA
Rom Details:

Themed Messaging with iOS mod for emojis

SystemUI and framework lightly themed and some modifications to boot up,settings menu etc..

Xperia Calendar with weather

Xperia Calculator

Xperia Alarm and Clock

Xperia Album and Photo editor

Xperia Movies

Xperia Walkman with Clear Audio and Equalizer

Xperia TrackID

Xperia Sound Recorder

Xperia Keyboard

(Extra Xperia add ons: Home launcher,clock widgets and Xperia weather.) See attachments below. Non flashable. Just install as regular apps. If you like you can keep as alternatives to cLock widget,nova launcher set.

Spirit FM (Says not compatible but works fine. Just a nag screen to buy Spirit2.. Be sure to power off Spirit FM after listening to avoid audio issues. If you encounter audio issues,reboot will resolve..)

Open Camera ( Best settings SD for video and 100% Quality on pics)

Rom Link : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952611248

Flash using latest twrp to avoid any issues. Full wipe.

Be sure upon boot to go to spirit controls and set up your settings the way you like them before doing much else. Then set up nova launcher.

If Spirit FM does NOT install upon flash even though rom is showing it in apps..which has occured once with me,just delete the app from data/app directory and reinstall it.

For those wanting to use google apps,download the apk attached and copy it to priv-app directory,reboot to recovery and flash your gapps. Alternative method would be to merge the apk into your gapps package and then flash to device.

Attachments

• OneTimeInitializer.apk
    5.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-16-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-16-39.png
    242.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-16-54.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-16-54.png
    272 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-18-25.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-18-25.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-23-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-23-33.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-20-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-20-00.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-24-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-24-36.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-20-41.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-20-41.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-19-42.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-09-19-42.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 90
  • extras.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Well she wasnt built for gapps use really. Its probably a missing apk from the stock rom. I deleted the gapps related material. I suggest manually copying over any gapps related items you want using a file manager. Merge it over. Then use settings to login instead of the wizard. Hey then again that may not work either. Not a big google user myself.

Upvote 0
Open Camera was the best fit. For a third party camera its not bloated with crap the developer wants you to buy,no locked down features and best of all it works. I decompiled it,added a good icon set and that was about it. I think it works as good as the original stock camera. My personal favorite is walkman with clear audio and equalizer. Provides the best sound for music on this device versus anything else available Ive tried.

Reactions: devilschild26
Upvote 0
Tip: Using Spirit like a regular radio with antenna is easy. You can use any cheap tv antenna set and a cut headphone wire with plug set to listen without headphones. Splice wiring of the individual headphones and splice them to the spliced wiring of the antenna set. Tape em up good and plug the jack in. Instant antenna. Or you could just spend a few bucks on an antenna for the jack lol

Upvote 0
I have no idea why I thought the app was a system equalizer lol, im obsessed with Viper and if I could get that amount of tweak out of an equalizer app on this Rom,Id be in heaven,Its such a great Rom that id take one for the team in the sound dept just to run it..Again great job and thanks!

Upvote 0
I could not find anything in this forum about this problem I found so it must not be common, but my notification light stopped working. It will only work for battery charging. It will no longer come on for game app notifications or kik (messaging app) notifications or even texting notifications. I know that the options for notification light is found under "display and lights" in settings and that you have to enable custom notifications where you then choose the app you want to enable notification lighting for, but I still can't get notification lights to work. Any tips or know what is wrong? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Mine works. At least for calls,text messages,battery charge/ low warning and facebook. Haven't noticed it misbehaving otherwise. Best advice I could give would be a dalvik cache and cache wipe from recovery to see if that's a fix. However I suspect there could be apps that it just wont help. But it should definitely be working for charging and low battery warning.

Upvote 0
Mine works. At least for calls,text messages,battery charge/ low warning and facebook. Haven't noticed it misbehaving otherwise. Best advice I could give would be a dalvik cache and cache wipe from recovery to see if that's a fix. However I suspect there could be apps that it just wont help. But it should definitely be working for charging and low battery warning.

Yes it works fine for all battery notifications. Alright, I will try the cache wipe

Reactions: Curtis1973
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones