• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Quattrimus JB (CM10, AOKP41)

Reactions: zacanger
Upvote 0
Seriously? If Apollo uses ads and crashes when an adblocker is used, that is mega lame. File a bug in the tracker and I'll look into fixing it.
Yea, I don't even bother with that app. I love DoubleTwist, because it allows me to play the files cached in my Google Music folder, which I haven't seen in other apps. I even paid for the pro EQ package and media/cover art search (which is kinda necessary for those GMusic cache files).

Upvote 0
Has anyone's CRT animation stopped working? -AOKP41

This happened to me too. I noticed it stopped working after I turned l all the animation scales to .5 instead of 1. After doing some troubleshooting I discovered that if you leave window animation at 1 and all the others at .5 the scrolling is still smooth and the crt off animation still works

(this setting is in developer options in the settings menu)

Upvote 0
This happened to me too. I noticed it stopped working after I turned l all the animation scales to .5 instead of 1. After doing some troubleshooting I discovered that if you leave window animation at 1 and all the others at .5 the scrolling is still smooth and the crt off animation still works

(this setting is in developer options in the settings menu)

I actually just changed those for her all to .5 , will give that a try right now. Thank you!

Upvote 0
After enabling tablet mode I didn't really like it on a phone. But I'll include the extra resources in the next build because not booting is a Bad Thing.

Playing around with DPI is really cool though. One of the major reasons I got the spectrum and nitro was the huge screen with high DPI. I'm currently using 240 and I gotta say it's really awesome. :D

Upvote 0
Yea, I don't even bother with that app. I love DoubleTwist, because it allows me to play the files cached in my Google Music folder, which I haven't seen in other apps. I even paid for the pro EQ package and media/cover art search (which is kinda necessary for those GMusic cache files).

Thats what I use too. Even the free version of DoubleTwist is a really nice player.

Upvote 0
After enabling tablet mode I didn't really like it on a phone. But I'll include the extra resources in the next build because not booting is a Bad Thing.

Playing around with DPI is really cool though. One of the major reasons I got the spectrum and nitro was the huge screen with high DPI. I'm currently using 240 and I gotta say it's really awesome. :D

I just changed mine to 250 and you are right! it's much nicer having everything smaller. I like it.

Upvote 0

Does it mess with anything though? I tried a smaller dpi on my DROID 2 and it screwed up all sorts of things.

Upvote 0

wow i feel i have so much more space now :D

Upvote 0
Haven't noticed any negative effects yet. The normal launcher in aokp seems to have a fixed grid but nova launcher expands the grid according to the dpi.

I noticed... I use nova and it looks lovely. 240 was a bit too small for me, but 300 is perfect.

It must be this hd display, because when I futzed with the density in my DROID, the screen became unresponsive.

Upvote 0
I may have seen this somewhere eles but....quick question. I saw CM has OTA updates. Is that possible on our platform?
No, because those otas are based off official releases. Ours is based off another device, so we can't get it from the cm site.

Hell, on my transformer, which had a official release, I can't get otas. It's a fickle system.

Upvote 0
I noticed... I use nova and it looks lovely. 240 was a bit too small for me, but 300 is perfect.

It must be this hd display, because when I futzed with the density in my DROID, the screen became unresponsive.

Yeah perhaps 240 is a bit small. I tried 280 and that seems pretty good. I think I'll keep it on 280 for a while.

Upvote 0
This is my first post here, but had to create an account to say this ROM truly is great. I just switched over from my s3 (long story) and really glad to see some ASAP love.

Having said that a couple tips I've stumbled across. I downloaded the Eclipse ROM and gapps from the s3. Flashed the gapps, pulled the contacts and mms from it and installed them. This gave a fully blacked out ROM. Also, the mms has quick reply and the ability to convert long text to mms (I saw some wanted that).

Finally with GPS I saw op says it doesn't work for some. I was one of them, which is no good I need it for work. So I pulled out an s3 trick. I downloaded a stock based (Icy fusion) installed it, got a GPS lock, then immediately shut down and clean installed cm10. Get an instant lock now! Don't know why it works (really shouldn't), but it does!

Great ROM I'm still amazed how solid the data is!

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
No, because those otas are based off official releases. Ours is based off another device, so we can't get it from the cm site.

Hell, on my transformer, which had a official release, I can't get otas. It's a fickle system.

We could get otas for this. But. 1 tdm would have to spend the extra time to do it. And 2 I've never been too fond of ota updates.
Azoller did it in his and its not too hard to setup. Just a PITA. And I'd much rather tdm be working on something new rather than getting ota working.

I just ain't a big fan of dirty flashing. I always wipe the big 3 3x and then flash the new ROM.

But about cm10. I have no issues. Been running smoothly on B3.

Anyone know if USB otg works? Might just be user error for me. I cant get it working right on my nexus either

Upvote 0
We could get otas for this. But. 1 tdm would have to spend the extra time to do it. And 2 I've never been too fond of ota updates.
Azoller did it in his and its not too hard to setup. Just a PITA. And I'd much rather tdm be working on something new rather than getting ota working.

I just ain't a big fan of dirty flashing. I always wipe the big 3 3x and then flash the new ROM.

But about cm10. I have no issues. Been running smoothly on B3.

Anyone know if USB otg works? Might just be user error for me. I cant get it working right on my nexus either

The spectrum doesn't support usb otg as far as I know. I haven't seen anything in the kernel for it either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones