• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][R910] Basix 1.0 (Aito's Revenge) :: Speed, Battery, Smoothness, Customizability :: 7/24/11

nope didnt work, as much as i love this rom i might have to go back to stock until this is fixed :-(

well have u tried taking out ur sd card and putting it back? if so u might have a new bug for the dev to work out but before we assume that do u have a micro sd adapter to connect ur sd card to a computer just to make sure something wrong didnt happen to ur card?

Upvote 0
well have u tried taking out ur sd card and putting it back? if so u might have a new bug for the dev to work out but before we assume that do u have a micro sd adapter to connect ur sd card to a computer just to make sure something wrong didnt happen to ur card?

yup tried that! im even having trouble doing a nandroid backup! blah this sucks

Upvote 0
this was discussed either here or on the howardforums it seems metro is blacklisting certain apps from running on their network so for now the only way to get teamviewer to work is on wifi. im not sure if this blacklist is client side or server sided but im sure it has to be server sided knowing ya genius devs could bypass it easily lol.

Thanks n4zty for the info. After your post I did some web searches about this and found a howardforums post (probably the one you're talking about) where a member talks about metro pcs blocking teamviewer as of 7/15/11 on their 4g network. It was just coincidental that I didn't notice this until after installing the basix rom. Just to clear it up teamviewer not working on 4g has nothing to do with the basix rom but all to do with metro. I like how metro's unlimited plan is only unlimited on the sites and apps they want you to use.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
nope didnt work, as much as i love this rom i might have to go back to stock until this is fixed :-(
Any SD card issues are entirely unrelated to the ROM. Perform the full reset procedure detailed above - most important being the SD card format. You will see that it works just fine.

Anyway to increase sound, audiohack don't seem to work? At least in the headphones?
Voodoo Sound will be implemented in the kernel.

Just to clear it up teamviewer not working on 4g has nothing to do with the basix rom but all to do with metro.
As known/expected - thanks for the notice.

Upvote 0
When I have the stock rom I dont have the issue, it is only when I run this rom. Maybe its just me, idk.
Follow the steps detailed previously and you will see resolution. "It works with the stock ROM" is not a valid comparison - there are far too many factors in the middle.

Is there some reason when I copy files into /system/etc/PowerOn.wav and /system/etc/PowerOff.wav that they are ignored?

Do they live elsewhere??
Please search the thread.

Upvote 0
When I have the stock rom I dont have the issue, it is only when I run this rom. Maybe its just me, idk.

i have somewhat similar issues sometimes, but unlike you i can browse the sdcard with a file manager, or view the apps i have installed on it, but when ever i would try to run any app off the card it would say app is not installed. Like you i didnt have this problem with stock, using any launcher. It started when i switched, i've read about similar problems to mine and they all pointed to the launcher being used (in my case go launcher ex) but im not so sure considering it's the same launcher i've been using since i got the phone, and the issue only began happening after i loaded basix, but i usually can solve this problem by unmounting/remounting.

this is all after i formatted the sdcard.
it just seems like something is in conflict with the device manager/media scanner.

Reactions: NiNi
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No kidding.

I copied the files. You can't do that unless you have r/w access to the folder.

I have been unable to create a power on sound or a power off sound.

Have you?? Have you tried?

actually i have mozarts requiem as my boot sound. Never had any problems, what so ever.

not to be a stickler or anything but you can copy files with out WRITE permissions, but you should be able to paste them where ever you want and have them show up, you just wont be able to modify/run the file if it's not write enabled, and of course you have to have write permissions in the folder your putting them in. Otherwise it wont show up, which is the problem your having, so your first statement saying you cant copy a file unless you have rw access to folder is incorrect. you can copy anything with read-only. you need write permissions in the folder your putting it in, which to the sounds of it is what you dont have, Now unless you manually gave your self r/w permissions you dont have it.

ps if you did give your self r/w permissions on the file/folder manually and it still doesn't work, sorry i cannot help you off the top of my head at this moment.

Upvote 0
hey im looking for some of the stock metro apps or blot wear... like metro 411, metro movie player. his is my wifes phone and i dont know to much abot the indulge, i use an inspire and i am coming from xda...... some help would be nice..... we are loving your work. its about time the indulge gets some custom roms....

Upvote 0
in / system / etc can not find the PowerOn.wav, is not found in / system / etc

but i did, i copy PowerOn.wav in system/etc... but does not play when I turn the phone

i give r/o permissions
your right!!! i just checked again and now its gone hmmmm something strange is going on can any1 else confirm this??? i will add this had nothing to do with the rom just a few days ago i was still able to access the power on wav file but 2day it seems to have dissapeared seems metro has been doing some unknown updates trying to prevent users from changing their power on sound.

this was discussed either here or on the howardforums it seems metro is blacklisting certain apps from running on their network so for now the only way to get teamviewer to work is on wifi. im not sure if this blacklist is client side or server sided but im sure it has to be server sided knowing ya genius devs could bypass it easily lol.

Thanks n4zty for the info. After your post I did some web searches about this and found a howardforums post (probably the one you're talking about) where a member talks about metro pcs blocking teamviewer as of 7/15/11 on their 4g network. It was just coincidental that I didn't notice this until after installing the basix rom. Just to clear it up teamviewer not working on 4g has nothing to do with the basix rom but all to do with metro. I like how metro's unlimited plan is only unlimited on the sites and apps they want you to use.

Thanks again!

i knew it was on howardforums and yea i agree.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones