• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom recommendation for HTC Evo 4g (Supersonic)

aswolf1971

Jul 28, 2014
Would like to flash a new rom and give new life to my Sprint HTC Evo 4g for my daugher. I'm looking for the latest stable ICS or JB based ROM that will run "nicely" based on the specs below:

Android 2.3.5 Stock Rom
Baseband 2.15.00.12.19
Kernel 2.6.35.10
Build 5.07.651.1
hboot 2.18.0001

Rooted
Unlocked
S-On

Thank you.

Would like to flash a new rom and give new life to my Sprint HTC Evo 4g for my daugher. I'm looking for the latest stable ICS or JB based ROM that will run "nicely" based on the specs below:

Android 2.3.5 Stock Rom
Baseband 2.15.00.12.19
Kernel 2.6.35.10
Build 5.07.651.1
hboot 2.18.0001

Rooted
Unlocked
S-On

Thank you.

well have you seen http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/618281-list-utilities-apps-roms-kernels-og-evo.html

checkout the staff picks for recommendations. ics and jb never ran as smooth as i wold like on my evo, but i think strike is what most like when it was around.

Upvote 0
The links are still good. I just replaced the motherboard on my Evo 4G, and when I searched for all the files I found all the links worked.
A few things to note:
Windows 8 will not run the app to unlock the bootloader. You must use 7 or below. I used a computer running W7 64 bit and everything was fine.
Winzip reported a corrupt image for the mtd-eng.zip file. However, when I used an aftermarket unzipper (I believe I used 7-zip) it extracted and ran just fine.
Strike does not support my 32GB SD card, but runs my 16GB card just fine.

I used Strike on my previous Evo 4G rendition, and found it the most stable of all the ROMs. I was never able to get a JellyBean ROM to stabilize, but ICS is leaps and bounds ahead of Gingerbread, and is not much different from JellyBean. It also uses the very last ICS version, 4.04, so it has all the bells and whistles you could hope for.
Best of luck.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones