• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED] SimplicityXL {Updated 5/17/14}

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414781895350.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414781895350.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Bhamilton0347
Upvote 0
what I did was add this line to my build.prop:
ro.product.model=LG-LG870

if not, add this line:

ro.product.name=fx1s_spr_us

I've attached a screenshot of my build.prop as well, for reference
you might have to change the "spr" in the second line to "usc" like the log says

Success! Turns out it failed the device check. Chev, add this in the OP for CSpire users :D

Upvote 0
what I did was add this line to my build.prop:
ro.product.model=LG-LG870

if not, add this line:

ro.product.name=fx1s_spr_us

I've attached a screenshot of my build.prop as well, for reference
you might have to change the "spr" in the second line to "usc" like the log says

Now 3g/4g isn't working. I checked the OP, but I don't have a "System Updates" subsection. I have calling/SMS service though. Any fixes?

Upvote 0
I want to try this ROM out but, before I do, I need to know if I can restore a stock ROM nandroid backup. I had a Samsung Epic 4G SPH-D700 & you could only restore custom ROMs or a modded stock ROM from a nandroid backup. Does the same apply for the LG US870? I don't mind having to re-setup my phone but, I'd like to know if it's something that can be avoided first.

Yes, you can restore NANDroid backups from different ROMs. I did it with stock and Simplicity ☺

Upvote 0
Hey bud I'm having trouble downloading the boost simplicity. It gets to the end of the 1.1gb then fails. I'm definitely exited to give this a try. This will be first time I managed to get a custom rom on any phone. I already have super user & cwm functioning which by itself is an achievement if you have my skill set with phones. FYI. I tried 4 or 5 times to dwnld to no avail. Thanks in advance, Matt

Upvote 0
Chev, I have no way to update my PRL in Simplicity. I have tried dialing *228 and ##72786# and neither work, though *228 does bring up a screen saying "Activating phone....". USC user BTW. I was wondering if you could write an app or something specifically for this?

P.s. I almost forgot to tell you there is no "Update PRL" option anywhere in my settings. Xoxo, Bhamilton0347

Upvote 0
Chev, I have no way to update my PRL in Simplicity. I have tried dialing *228 and ##72786# and neither work, though *228 does bring up a screen saying "Activating phone....". USC user BTW. I was wondering if you could write an app or something specifically for this?

P.s. I almost forgot to tell you there is no "Update PRL" option anywhere in my settings. Xoxo, Bhamilton0347
You're using the USC zip right? And not bst? If so, I have no idea on how to fix that. Have you tried wiping data?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones