• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED} SimplicityXL V3.0.0 {RELEASED 10/29/14}

Reinstalled this rom this morning and it seems I don't have root I used towel root it said I did have root but I downloaded root checker and I don't
Try by going into recovery wipe cache & dalvik cache...
If u can get hold onto sd.maid pro it really helpful... So u dont hav2 got to recovery every time.
Another thing sometimes googles app will update so u can delete the ones on system/apps n priv.apps.. Do not delete phonesky.apk un less u move playstore from data/apps to system/private apps with owner permissions of root/root... Wr.r.r. (644)

Upvote 0
Just curiius If anyone is having an issue flashing simplicity from v10c
I got it to work by removing 'getprop=...' Lines in the META- folder of simpliXL3.0.zip and edit the build prop in your phones system, every line with 10c, v10c or MS32310c.14#####, needs to be changed. I just extracted simplicity's build.prop, and pasted into /system right before I booted into recovery. The First time I went through the build and changed these lines into this:

ro.build.id=KOT49I.MS32310b

ro.build.description=w5_mpcs_us-user 4.4.2 KOT49I.MS32310b

ro.build.fingerprint=MetroPCS/w5_mpcs_us/w5:4.4.2/KOT49I.MS32310b/MS32310b.1396838774:user/release-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=MS32310b.1396838774

ro.lge.swversion=MS32310b
ro.lge.swversion_short=V10b

ro.build.version.incremental=MS32310b.1396838774

The next time I just placed simplicity's buildprop into my system folder and it worked.

Upvote 0
Question :
Everything in the phone works with this rom?
Cameras back and front, flash, etc?

I didn't see any bad comment until now.
I would like to know if someone can give any detail of this please....
Thanks.
This is the only ROM that everything works. Since it is based off Stock and not anything like Cyanogenmod or any other ROM.

Upvote 0
I managed to get a log and figured out it was the build prop itself. I appreciate you helping me. It turns out it was user error to begin with. One of the lines in my build.prop wasn't commented and it was throwing an error and hanging.

I've tried a dozen times to install this ROM but I either get stuck at 0%, or more often I get a build.prop error (whatever that is). The log says:

------------------------ ====Verifying device==== ------------------------
script aborted: assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.lge.swversion") == "MS32310b" ||
file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.version.incremental") == "MS32310b.1396838774"
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.lge.swversion") == "MS32310b" ||
file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.version.incremental") == "MS32310b.1396838774" Installer Error (Status 7) End at : Fri Jan 2 02:30:51 1970
Bichofelix or anyone have any ideas for a solution? I've tried several different install options and done the battery pull all to no avail. Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but this rom won't connect to data and the wifi is in and out. I installed it on my mom's ms323 over 10b, followed all directions, and yet still this problem. Also, when I go to open performance control it is endlessly buffering with the message: this app needs to check for root access and busybox. Also, when I go to download apps from the appstore, I get endless dowloading w/o any actual downloading occuring. WTF?? Never had this happen w/ any custom roms from any other phones/tablets. I tried cm11 for this phone which installed fine, but the no rear camera is not an option... So I'm not a complete noob to all this, but obviously something's not right here. Any suggestions? I tried factory reset/data/cache/dalvik wipe before and after install. I even tried redownloading the zip and reinstalling it- problem persists. Only thing I did differently is that I did everything w/ TWRP (not CWM). But I figured that's not an issue cuz recovery is recovery. Unless it is an issue, then please lemme know! Otherwise I'm giving up and it's back to stock.:saddroid:

Upvote 0
Nope and nope. I purposely stopped all play store updates and tried to only download busybox and update supersu. It said they were downloading, but just continued endlessly. And performance control is just endlessly checking for root, there is no prompt to allow or deny it from root access. Also, when I open supersu, PerfCtrl is not listed as granted nor denied. I tried em both for about 1/2 an hr w/o results, so I doubt waiting is my key to success here. Lastly, neither explains why there is no phone signal (data), unless that's part of the performance control setup. Everything works on stock so it's not the phone, and my wifi is speedy, so that's not the issue either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones