• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM} (Unofficial) [4.4.2] SlimKat Weekly 3.1 W/ New partition Layouts

NaterTots

Android Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2011
CT
Good Day AndroidForum User!
XDA Thread: [ROM] (Unofficial) [4.4.2] SlimKat Weekly 3.1 [Jewel] W/ New partitions - xda-developers

SlimKAT 4.4.2

slimbeanop2.jpg

Installation instructions

1. Download the latest build
2. Download the latest SlimGapps 4.4.x or other 4.4 specific gapps
3. In recovery, full wipe, and manually format /system
4. Flash ROM and the gapps you want, reboot

Note 1: This rom comes with DPI set at 245. This will make the fonts/icons smaller than usual there are many ways to change this to the stock 320... Edit: The latest builds have a DPI adjuster in Settings/Interface/

Note 2: Superuser comes disabled by default! Please find the Dev Tools app in your app drawer, select Developer Options then look under "Debugging" for Root Access. select apps only or apps and ADB. (Btw ART is working great on this rom, if you would like to test it it is under Select runtime)

Note 3: Build's based off the new partition layout

YOU MUST FLASH AND RUN CAPTAINTHROWBACK'S SENSE 5 4.3 UPDATE ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS

Or have used the RUU from HTC to upgrade to 4.13

REQUIREMENTS:
-HBOOT 2.10
-RECOVERY WITH NEW PARTITION LAYOUT
-FLASH AND BOOT INTO THE SENSE 5 4.3 ROM FIRST OR THIS WILL NOT WORK!

see captain throwback's instructions [ROM][FIRMWARE][RECOVERY][STOCK] Sense 5, Android 4.3 Final Update - 4.13.651.3 - xda-developers

Also once you do update everything you will need to do the HTC Unlock to be able to flash your recovery. Don't worry, you will still be S-Off, if you already were.

I have to say it again DO NOT FLASH THE BUILDS FOR THE NEW PARTITION LAYOUT UNLESS YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE UPGRADE TO THE LATEST SENSE 5 4.3 upgrade! You must actually flash the rom not just the recovery. You have been warned.

Changelogs can be found on the slimroms website
News

Download Links: There are 2 versions of each build at the moment. I'm not sure how long I'll support the old Partition layout so it would be a good thing to upgrade to stay current. PLEASE pay attention to what you are downloading and Flashing.

SlimKat Weekly 3.1 Based off of Stable.

2/27/14
New Partition Layout Hboot 2.10 Only!
New Notification Reminders and DPI On the Fly in Settings

Dev-Host - Slim-jewel-4.4.2.build.3.2-UNOFFICIAL-20140227-0832.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

2/20/14
Old partition Layout w/ DPI On the Fly - Dev-Host - Slim-jewel-4.4.2.build.3.1-UNOFFICIAL-20140220-0715.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

New Partition Layout w/ DPI On the Fly - Dev-Host - Slim-jewel-4.4.2.build.3.1-UNOFFICIAL-20140219-2040.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

2/18/14
Old Partition Layout DPI set @ 320 - Dev-Host - Slim-jewel-4.4.2.build.3.1-UNOFFICIAL-20140217-0731.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

New Partition Layout DPI set @ 320 - Dev-Host - Slim-jewel-4.4.2.build.3.1-UNOFFICIAL-20140217-1920.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

SlimKat Weekly 2.8 RC3
Dev-Host - Slim-jewel-4.4.2.build.2.8.RC3-UNOFFICIAL-20140209-1851.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

New features
-Opensource Dialer added
-SlimPie is back!
-lots of stability tweaks, Slim believes this will be the last RC!

Tweaks I added to this build:
-set dpi to 320 default. This can be set to slim's 245 using textdroider_dpi app included.
-added cLock app from CM

SlimKat Weekly 2.6 RC2
Dev-Host - Slim-jewel-4.4.2.build.2.6.RC2-UNOFFICIAL-20140202-2211.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Tweaks I added to this build:
-cherry picked "clear all" button to recents
-cherry picked Network Speed Indicator to status bar settings
-set dpi to 320 default. This can be set to slim's 245 using textdroider_dpi app included.

SlimKat 4.4.x Gapps
http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/978-addons4-4/downloads/dlsearch

SuperSU
SuperSU Download

Gapps are the same and can be found here. The AIO gapps will work very well with TRDS if you use it:

Downloads - Addons4.4

And huge thanks to [MENTION=388504]captaint[/MENTION]hrowback and [MENTION=2719349]xHausx[/MENTION] for working on the parttion layout and [MENTION=2955315]GoblinZ[/MENTION] for helping me, help him.

There really is no reason to not update your Firmware, Hboot and recovery to have the new layout. It uses the storage the same way as newer devices and allows you to format your SD card to a different format if you desire.

Reminder: Any previous backups you have will not work on the new layout. But this is a great time to clean up your SD card and start fresh which will probably make things quicker in the long run.

SlimPie is in all builds from 2.8 and up.

:Support:

This rom comes with an app for slimusers irc. It links to freenode channel #slimusers feel free to visit if you would like to chat, keep in mind this is an unofficial build.

Thanks: I can not express enough that these types of projects can not be done without the support of the community. :highfive:

• I personally never would have tried compiling Roms from source with out the help from those in #htc-evo-4g-lte
    So Thank you so much to all of them.
  • deck's tireless work made the CM kernel and device tree that this and many other roms for this device are based on.
  • MeestaAytch, xHausx, CaptainThrowback, GoblinZ and everyone in the #htc-evo-4g-lte channel for all of their support and info along the way.
  • mikshepard for posting the instructions for porting this rom to our device.
  • The entire SlimRoms staff for all of their hard work in making this rom and apps and GMillz for the DPI On The Fly.
  • Please don't hesitate to let me know if someone was missed here, send a PM or catch me in freenode and ill get you in there :eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-19-22-02-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-19-22-02-08.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_2014-02-19-08-13-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-19-08-13-12.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_2014-02-19-08-22-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-19-08-22-31.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_2014-02-20-06-55-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-20-06-55-24.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 145
So, what can we do with the buttons on this one?

Old or new partition layout?

Not sure on the buttons yet with this ROM EM, but it does have the new partition layout. You'll need to update via the Cap'ns rom / firmware combo or take the official update via RUU.

I've yet to update. Been reading / lurking / catching up whilst working on other things. :)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Not sure on the buttons yet with this ROM EM, but it does have the new partition layout. You'll need to update via the Cap'ns rom / firmware combo or take the official update via RUU.

I've yet to update. Been reading / lurking / catching up whilst working on other things. :)

Ditto.

Saw GoblinZ mentioned Cap's method in his thread so I'll review that.

I have yet to run an RUU in my life and see no reason to start now. :p

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
EarlyMon, You can set the buttons to the full array of options that you'd have on CM. That is with either version. The old partition layout or the new.

girlwithnoname, I'm going to try and update it weekly. It depends on what the Slim team adds each week.

In regards to the RUU, I also have never run one, but Captain recommends it to get the full effect of the firmware with this update.
He's mentioned it numerous times on XDA and also at #htc-evo-4g-lte.

I haven't run it yet but i probably will. The new partitions are great in separating storage.

Hope that helps,

NaterTots

Upvote 0
OP updated with latest build.

The newest in only for the new Partition layout so you'll need to be on the 2.10 Hboot to flash it.

It also has the new Notification Reminders. When you select it it tells you how to use it. And after it's been cleared away you won't see it in Notifications but it's there when you press next to the date.

It works very well.

If there is demand for the old partition layout I may compile it. Let me know. :)

NaterTots

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones