• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Velocity V1.0 | LG Ally | Android 2.2.1 Froyo | Super Fast | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know why, could you tell us the motive?

Also, you are a great dev and it sucks to see you moving away from the Ally. I have been following you since you ported FroYo to the Ally before LG could.:D Thank you for everything, you will be missed by the community.

Ditto here! Thanks for everything you have done for all of us, and also for helping me when I needed rescuing. :)

Upvote 0
I guess it was inevitable. Truthfully I think we should be glad it lasted as long as it did. The Ally was a crappy phone that got a lot of peoples attention cause it was CHEAP or FREE. Given the speed with which new turns into obsolete, I would have guessed it would have happened after V0.4 but we got one more out of it and it is awesome, still. Well this is the end of the Ally then, I'm so happy with the progress it's made during my time with it. Thanks to Trident, Savoxis, Getitnowmarketing and everyone else who helped to make this baseline phone a truly enjoyable device/experience. So anyone know a good phone to switch to? I mean, this thing is at nearly the end of it's life, another few months maybe and then what? I would like to root/ROM my next phone too, it was so much fun learning my way through the Ally, I'd like to continue with a new one. Suggestions???

Upvote 0
Ah. Well, Win7 can access EXT partitons. So if you are now limited to WinXP, you could download the freeware GParted (download the ISO file). Then use it to create a bootable GParted disc. GParted can access and work with/create/delete all kinds of partitions. I had used it to format the EXT partition back before Velocity 1 and Froyo. It is easy to use and pretty much intuitive.

Reactions: azuma73
Upvote 0
Sooo I went and installed 1.0 onto my ally and it says everythings fine and dandy but when I boot my phone it goes to the "velocity" screen for about half a second and then turns off. Please help. Thanks yo.
Plug your charger into the wall, plug that into your phone. Let it sit for a while and see what that does for you. Sounds like your trying to boot up to a dead battery.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones