• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Victory Rom [3.0/ I Am Batman]

What would you like to see on this phone?

• Total voters
Okay, the rom works, the installer doesn't. The rom may not have a boot screen AND IT TAKES UP TO 3 MINUTES ON FIRST BOOT! I tested it all. It works. If 4g doesn't just put ##82786# in dialer. New theme<br/>
I installed the rom (after reverting to vaevictus kernel nd4 because the screen would eventually never work with the last iteration) so far so good. Using it with vaevictous. Thanks fir posting.

Upvote 0
I installed the rom (after reverting to vaevictus kernel nd4 because the screen would eventually never work with the last iteration) so far so good. Using it with vaevictous. Thanks fir posting.
I don't recommend using vae victus on this rom cuz this is nd4 and the kernel is mg5. I'd use insanelycool kernel instead, plus its faster.

Upvote 0
I don't recommend using vae victus on this rom cuz this is nd4 and the kernel is mg5. I'd use insanelycool kernel instead, plus its faster.
Yeah. It wasn't actually intentional. Got mixed up on my backups. But it is working and everything is running super smooth so far so I might just leave it for a while.

Just tried installing and while the launcher, root browser, player install the kernel doesn't. It ends with the message that some elements didn't install.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick_73
Upvote 0
Everyone I need feedback on whether it works or not! I made a new addons pack that adds NONE option and fixes install of tethering. Also I made a new version of the ROM which just changes kernel to stock. U can add the oc back in the add-on pack. The
Hopefully I'll get them up this weekend
The Rom is working great. Absolutely no issues so far. but I have not been able to install the insanely v cool kernel using the add on pack I downloaded last week.

Upvote 0
Very little lag. Just when messenger crashed. I did try the package from the the 7th? It claimed a successful install but my about this device says I still have vaevictus kernel installed.
I did notice the package installs on my other phone (Galaxy Centura) but not this phone... I just thought it was mine... Odd. I do not know why either

Upvote 0
I am having trouble flashing this ROM through recovery, I keep getting "Cannot open file". I have tried multiple recoveries, and other ROM's but seem to have the same error. Any chance I can get a copy of this ROM as a TAR file I can flash through ODIN?
Not likely. No one makes custom Roms as .tar.
Could be a bad download. Re download.

Upvote 0
I used LINK2SD to link apps to an external sd card.
I tried link2SD but it says it is not supported by my device. It also fails to mount my SD card. So if you also have a victory I don't know what my problem is.
Now I'm trying ICS SD binder (app) but I'm treading v carefully - it has options to unmount the default apps dir and mount to the SD and restart, but I'm afraid to do that until I get some advise, because thinking it might mess up my phone. Also looking at GL to SD app.

Upvote 0
I tried link2SD but it says it is not supported by my device. It also fails to mount my SD card. So if you also have a victory I don't know what my problem is.
Now I'm trying ICS SD binder (app) but I'm treading v carefully - it has options to unmount the default apps dir and mount to the SD and restart, but I'm afraid to do that until I get some advise, because thinking it might mess up my phone. Also looking at GL to SD app.
No, bro... Use link2sd. You have to create a 2nd ext4 partition on your SD card first. And you choose "link" apps, not move apps.
You can use twrp to create a 2nd ext4 partition on your SD card too
First backup your SD card to your computer, this will wipe it.

[1]Place your sdcard in your phone

[2]Boot into recovery (these instruction use TWRP)

[3]Select Advanced, then select Partition SD Card

[4]Set the size you want for your storage space in kb (1024mb = 1gb), at least 2gb

[5]Choose EXT4

[6]Don't worry if it shows an error TWRP can't mount the 2nd partition so it thinks it errored

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones