• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Public Mobile] [ROM] Voltron OC Based on the Public Mobile B07. Now with network fix!!!!

Beta4 is gonna be up later this evening...

I have listen to a lot of you saying that the whole heavy rom thing is annoying so i made it much lighter and will post a link to a app pack to add on...

Factory reset!! You may have noticed that the voltron rom has a lot of apps installed as data to free up the system but when you do a factory reset in your recovery you winde up loosing apps that you need so i have made a factory reset flashable that formats data/cache and then reinstalls those apps that you need should you need to wipe your phone of user data.

I had made a tweak to the apns-conf and have found that it made me loose calls so i reverted to the original and its now everything is ok...

New kernel as stock will be the new 1.8 GHz kernel by Downthemachine tweaked for public mobile with an optional 1.8 Ghz Alien kernel v2.0 that can be flashed if you prefer...

Hope you like! :p

Good work. Did you find out, what was the problem with the call volume why its so low when making or receiving a call. Its like the guy on the other side is coming from far away. Also, if you can make the tethering built in the system would be awesome too like how they have for the samsung galaxy note, where you can tether.

Still didnt find a way how you can share the internet with the PC. I dont know why when you go with a carrier like Fido, Rogers, Etc... and get 3G, as soon as you setup the wifi hotspot, it automatically connects. But the public it doesnt, there has to be a away, to override this settings.

Can wait to see the new release. But this ROM is much more faster, just found a few bugs as a I mentioned, when you click the circle button to browse apps sometimes it gets stuck on the right side and moves back and forth really fast cause its bugging.

Other then that its a very good rom.

Upvote 0
It's hard to say which one of the two it's better....I was gonna put the alien kernel as default but I wanted to test it a little more...

Can you please tell us how do we get the user agent working on firefox cause of the incompatibility. We still havent gotten this hotspot working with the PC yet. Someone needs to work on this part or tell us step by step how to install it on firefox.

Upvote 0
What is a Kernel?

the kernel sets the guidelines for how the hardware is used on your android device...It is part of your boot image... the stock kernel is heavy and limits your phone to 1 Ghz. One of the members that is no longer here, Hroark13, wrote out a kernel from the kernel source code that from what I gather from previous post was hard to get from ZTE despite it being illegal for them to hold on to because of GPL... anyways since then Downthemachine has been making some very reliable kernels from 1 to 1.8 Ghz and so has DM47021 and probably others that I'm not mentioning... these Kernels are lighter, faster and have been tweaked with swap support and other tweaks depending on the dev who makes it... The Alien Kernel(By DM47021) is aimed at gaming and video processing and the Glitch Kernel(By Downthemachin) is aimed at a general stable fast system... Both Kernel work great and score pretty close to the same thing when benchmarked... Alien does score a little higher but not by much... The 1.8 Ghz glitch kernel that is the default on the Voltron rom is still a test build but I have not had any issues with it at all...

If anyone reads this and see something wrong please feel free to correct me as it is hazy what the whole story is with Hroark and the kernel source code...

Upvote 0
Can you please tell us how do we get the user agent working on firefox cause of the incompatibility. We still havent gotten this hotspot working with the PC yet. Someone needs to work on this part or tell us step by step how to install it on firefox.

Well I use Linux and love it...:)... Sersoft was saying that your Firefox is outdated. Did you update it to the latest version? Maybe then would the user agent switcher add-on be compatible with your version of Firefox...

Upvote 0

I'm running Firefox 17 with User Agent Switcher Addon still working properly.

This is the one I'm using: User Agent Switcher

make sure you're not running firefox nightlies, they are sometimes low on plugin compatibility

Reactions: smartmanvartan
Upvote 0
I'm running Firefox 17 with User Agent Switcher Addon still working properly.

This is the one I'm using: User Agent Switcher

make sure you're not running firefox nightlies, they are sometimes low on plugin compatibility

Its not working I tried it, I also uninstalled firefox and reinstalled the latest version and went to the link, still says its not compatible.

Upvote 0
Maybe it's one of those plugins that says it's incompatible but works just fine...I've run into this where if I try to install through the Firefox add on manger it says it's incompatible but if I go through the plugin website I'm able to install it and it works...

Its working fine now. Someone forgot to tell me that this plugin has to be installed on the PC, I was trying to install it on my android device. Now it works, when you put iPhone 3, but everything turns into mobile view, is there an options to make it desktop view ? Do you know how ?

Upvote 0
Man I really wish u would take all the bloatware off ur rom and make it a blaotware zip to flash as a personal choice 200 MB download
When it could be 80 or 90 I know u can do factory reset but ppl like me keep the rom even after flashing in case I ever have to reflash it or want to test something for some one just my opinion

Upvote 0
(im from boost)ive run this rom for a while here and there and the only problem is mms which is being worked on as we speak wifi hot spot works everything other then mms and for 3g go to setting wireless network click mobile network there will be data enabled check that then click network mode make sure that both modes are clicked on and boom it will give you the best data available

Reactions: AlteBaron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones