• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CM6-Ascend (CyanogenMod 6) Current: 04212011 (Cricket/MetroPCS MMS WORKING!)

Same question here. Been looking for a bit, and not seeing anyplace to punch it in.

FYI. Here is the APN info if anyone needs.

Name- Cricket
APN- wap.mycricket.com
Proxy- wap.mycricket.com
Port - 8080
Username- (yournumber)@mycricket.com
password- cricket
server- leave like is.
mmsc- http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
mms proxy- leave as is
mms port- leave as is
mcc- 310
mnc- 016
authentication type- chap
apn- *
How'd you get there?

Upvote 0
CM6-Ascend - Prepaid Android

check there, i've included more updated information on the mms fix. it now works with metropcs also!!!

(sorry was almost 2am last night when i got this all ready to go)

Tried it, both hand punching the APN info, and resetting defaults and editing. Not working either way. Tried both WiFi and 3G, and triple checked my spelling too. What am I missing?

Upvote 0
Tried it, both hand punching the APN info, and resetting defaults and editing. Not working either way. Tried both WiFi and 3G, and triple checked my spelling too. What am I missing?

couldnt tell ya, i dont have service on my phone people. i just posted what others told me worked. it works ya just have to do it right.

Upvote 0

Did this also.

couldnt tell ya, i dont have service on my phone people. i just posted what others told me worked. it works ya just have to do it right.

I even went as far as editing the .xml to MY number then reflashed. It is in my phone now where it wasn't before. I tried sending an mms to a friend about 10 minutes ago and it is still sitting there saying "sending..."
You think we all might have missed something else?

Thanks again for being patient and working so hard on this. I can tell you are close...I feel it in my ... well...I feel it! :D

Upvote 0

Any way we can get someone that has done it post the APN settings they have? I got the ones posted above from an old post. Something may have changed perhaps? tried APN Manager app too, still no dice. We will figure this out between us all, or die trying. Well, maybe not die....

Upvote 0
Any way we can get someone that has done it post the APN settings they have? I got the ones posted above from an old post. Something may have changed perhaps? tried APN Manager app too, still no dice. We will figure this out between us all, or die trying. Well, maybe not die....
Here's what I did:
I unzipped the file and went to /system/etc/apns-conf.xml opened it with wordpad (can't figure out xml editor) and put MY number where it says user="@mycricket.com" (looked like this: user="my10dignum@mycricket.com")
I put it back in zip file re-opened it to make sure it took, then wiped phone and put CM6 back on. (reflashed it) opened voice dialer and spoke "OPEN APNs) my number was there. Tried to send mms and it sat there for 10 minutes.

Here's a shot at what my phone says now:

Name: Cricket
APN: wap.mycricket.com
Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
Port: 8080
Username: myphonenumber@mycricket.com
Password: cricket
Server: <not set>
MMSC: http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS proxy: <not set>
MMS port: <not set>
MCC: 310
MNC: 16
Authentication type: CHAP
APN type: *

This was all AFTER i edited and reflashed. I didn't do anything to phone after reflash.

Apologies for bring so long. I wanted to give as much info as I could.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0
Hmmm...Ok. Something silly here. I flashed an HTC Eris with CM7. In the APN settings, the APN type (last setting) it has mms in there. Maybe something to think about?
I am gonna try to change it see what happens.

Oh well...same thing. I am also trying this with CM7 edited and reflashed. No crashes...just doesn't send still. :(
how'd you get to flash?

Upvote 0
ok now which file did you download because the one I dl'd from GB doesnt have that lol
CM6/7 both have it in there.

open zip/system/etc/apns-conf.xml Open that with wordpad (or if you have one...an xml editor. you can change everything you need to in there. as you know though...be careful. I have had to reflash like 5 times already due to apn for cricket disappearing...lol

Upvote 0
I'm on Metro and can verify this worked for me.
For all those trying to flash the mms fix from XDA and getting the error here is the fix. I got the same error saying installation aborted. I figured out it was because I was using CWM 3.0.0.5. I reinstalled the older CWM 2.5.1.8 and then flashed the mms,zip and it installed fine.

After installing it you will have the APN settings for both Metro and Cricket but neither of them is set. You need to do as follows.

Go into the App screen and choose "Voice Dialer" then say "Open APN's". You will see APN listings for both carriers. Choose Cricket or Metro as needed to set the green light on it's radio button. Now exit out and everything should be working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones