• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ROM with hdmi and crash free camera support

thorhall

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
Is there a rom that is any version of 2.3+ that supports both front and back cameras and the hdmi port for the MT? I am on an OV rooted with stock froyo and replacement kernel. The phone is good but sluggish, even overclocked to 748mhz. Also, does the triumph support google's play movie rentals?

I want gingerbread for front cam support as the cam seems near useless without gingerbread.

well... any clue when VM will release a new top end model, or should I just stick it out till august when they finish releasing new phones?

The next major phone that is said will be released on VM is the HTC One V. It won't have a front facing camera and the screen will be 3.7 instead of 4.1, but it will have the same resolution as the triumph. Also, HTC makes WONDERFUL phones. The one v will likely be solid with a unibody casing and will come stock with Ice Cream Sandwhich. As for HDMI, I do believe that the One V has HDMI out.

Upvote 0
The next major phone that is said will be released on VM is the HTC One V. It won't have a front facing camera and the screen will be 3.7 instead of 4.1, but it will have the same resolution as the triumph. Also, HTC makes WONDERFUL phones. The one v will likely be solid with a unibody casing and will come stock with Ice Cream Sandwhich. As for HDMI, I do believe that the One V has HDMI out.

will the one v use a GHz plus cpu and any speculation if I can get that before july?

Upvote 0

The one V doesn't have any sort of tv out, not through the headphone port nor mhl.

will the one v use a GHz plus cpu and any speculation if I can get that before july?

The One V does have a 1ghz porcessor, but it's unknown to whether or not it is even coming to VM yet. Although you can wait to see what comes of it. It is also rumored that VM will be getting the HTC Evo 3d which has a dualcore processor clocked at 1.2 ghz a 4.3 inch screen i believe and HDMI out. So you can either get the MT now or wait. And the MT has the gingerbread api for the front facing camera so everything can use it on 2.2 (skype and the like have no problems detecting and using it) and it can play google rentals as long as you aren't rooted (although there is a modded .apk that you can install that makes it work if you are rooted)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones